Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #1
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Kobo said to be considering a 5" Mini 2

GoodEreader reports, "Kobo insiders have disclosed to Good e-Reader that there is serious internal chatter about developing a second generation Mini."

Code:
https://
A H2O Edition 2 with a 5 inch screen sounds pretty perfect to me.

I love my H2O 1, and I know people also prefer the large screen size of the Aura One. Still, I miss being able to easily slip an ereader into a pocket. I still use my Sony PRS350, perfectly pocket-sized! but it lacks screen lighting among other things.

Last edited by k9reeder; 02-22-2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Seems I cited a questionable source, so removed the link
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:46 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Please, please, please, please!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2018, 06:49 AM   #3
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Is there a serious source too?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I thought the same but... illusion...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:51 AM   #5
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Is there a serious source too?
They have a bad track record, huh? Serious question.
Advert
Old 02-22-2018, 07:00 AM   #6
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9reeder View Post
They have a bad track record, huh? Serious question.
Indeed. They started out as commercial e-book pirates and have run two Indiegogo campaigns with their own e-readers that have left a large number of backers waiting for the devices or a refund to this day.

An illuminating thread on the Indegogo campaign is here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272106

EDIT:

Here's a thread from their early days:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=85235

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 02-22-2018 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:27 AM   #7
k9reeder
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Indeed.
Okay, I had thought it was just an amateurish techy-type blog attempting real journalism. But noted "insiders" and "chatter" are pretty weak, which is why I included the full quote. Maybe it would have been more accurate for them to have 'reported': "We have random speculation that could be plausible and here's an article about it!"
Old 02-22-2018, 08:25 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
GoodEreader reports, "Kobo insiders have disclosed to Good e-Reader that there is serious internal chatter about developing a second generation Mini."

Code:
https://goodereader.com/blog/electronic-readers/the-kobo-mini-2-might-be-a-reality
A H2O Edition 2 with a 5 inch screen sounds pretty perfect to me.

I love my H2O 1, and I know people also prefer the large screen size of the Aura One. Still, I miss being able to easily slip an ereader into a pocket. I still use my Sony PRS350, perfectly pocket-sized! but it lacks screen lighting among other things.
I do not wish to come down on the OP, but that site is known for lying and ripping off sources.

Here is the actual source of the rumor. It's a blog post published about 4 hours before the ripoff story:
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...a-kobo-mini-2/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:33 AM   #9
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Well, turning that into "Kobo insiders have disclosed ... internal chatter ..." just needed a tiny little sprinkling of fairy dust, didn't it?
Old 02-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
k9, please make your link a proper link. Putting it in a code block is very bad forum etiquette.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I do not wish to come down on the OP, but that site is known for lying and ripping off sources.

Here is the actual source of the rumor. It's a blog post published about 4 hours before the ripoff story:
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...a-kobo-mini-2/
What I'd like to see is a true article with some really new news from them where they did not rip-off another blog or MR.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #12
k9reeder
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
k9, please make your link a proper link. Putting it in a code block is very bad forum etiquette.
In fact I've removed it but only because folks seem to believe it to be a bad source.

That said, typically forums don't prefer hotlinks in my experience, ie hidden URLs links behind labels, as it facilitates misdirection, propagation of malware, spam and phishing attacks by bad actors. The code tag prevents URLs from being automatically converted into hotlinks by some forum posting features.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #13
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I actually think it's a very good way to treat links to direputable sources.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
In fact I've removed it but only because folks seem to believe it to be a bad source.

That said, typically forums don't prefer hotlinks in my experience, ie hidden URLs links behind labels, as it facilitates misdirection, propagation of malware, spam and phishing attacks by bad actors. The code tag prevents URLs from being automatically converted into hotlinks by some forum posting features.
This forum does not modify your link. You can post it without issue. Also, without the link, the thread falls flat. It's almost like the times when someone has a problem and it gets solved and the OP edits the post to remove it because it's solved.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:04 AM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Idle speculation by a blogger turned into "Kobo insiders have disclosed" . Sigh.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote