Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-26-2021, 08:24 PM   #1
MMatic
MMatic began at the beginning.

Device: Computer
Unable to transfer entire Calibre library between two different computers?

I am tying to transfer an entire Calibre library from one computer (Mac) to another computer (PC).

I have exported the library using "export/import all calibre data" command. I have then transferred these onto google drive.

The second computer downloaded these and used the same command to try and import the library.

However, the import pulled up an error that outlines there is part of the exported data set missing???

"...The last part of this exported data set is missing."

Why is this the case?

What am I doing wrong?

PS: I have tried regenerating the export again in case the file was corrupted, but the same message appeared.
MMatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IIRC Google drive tampers with file names (versioning).
So Copy those file to a folder on your new PC, the EXAMINE all their names.
They all should be identically named (pattern), except the first part-00xx.calibre-data
The start at 0001 and are sequential till the last (depends on how big your calibre library sets were)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2021, 08:46 PM   #3
MMatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
IIRC Google drive tampers with file names (versioning).
So Copy those file to a folder on your new PC, the EXAMINE all their names.
They all should be identically named (pattern), except the first part-00xx.calibre-data
The start at 0001 and are sequential till the last (depends on how big your calibre library sets were)

Thank you for your reply.

(PS: Image of what the files look like on the second computer attached)

Just to make sure I clearly understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that google drive itself changes versions of the file? I should try and directly copy these on to the new PC?

Do you know if Microsoft OneDrive has the same issue?

I currently dont have the ability to local copy > the two computers are in two separate locations. Is there another way I can transfer the whole library?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210626_202620.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	187892  
Old 06-26-2021, 10:16 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMatic View Post
Thank you for your reply.

(PS: Image of what the files look like on the second computer attached)

Just to make sure I clearly understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that google drive itself changes versions of the file? I should try and directly copy these on to the new PC?

Do you know if Microsoft OneDrive has the same issue?

I currently dont have the ability to local copy > the two computers are in two separate locations. Is there another way I can transfer the whole library?
Note the mangled EXTENSION PDF
Make them all the same as the first (remove the .PDF )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:00 PM   #5
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMatic View Post
Amazon and other places sell these little gizmos called USB flash drives that you could use.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2021, 07:45 AM   #6
MMatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Note the mangled EXTENSION PDF
Make them all the same as the first (remove the .PDF )
Thank you. That was the issue!

Tags
export/import, issue, library