Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
Micael Jarniac
Micael Jarniac began at the beginning.

Device: [PW4] Kindle Paperwhite 4 (10th Gen)
PW4 stuck on "Register"

Hi! I've just jailbroken my Kindle Paperwhite 4 (10th Gen), and everything went well.

It was on the FW 5.13.1, I did the things, and after jailbreaking, I went back to FW 5.13.1.

Everything seems well, I installed the screensaver hack thingy and all, but the problem I'm having is that, when I tried to complete the "Set Up Your Kindle" thing, after it asking me if I wanted to be texted a link for the app, it got stuck on a blank screen, small title "Register" on top, and sometimes a loading wheel on the corner.

The only way I could find to get out of it was to hold the power button and press "Restart", which, after rebooting, got me back at Home.

I do, then, see my Amazon books and all, so it is registered, but I do still see the "Set Up Your Kindle" entry in my library.

Opening it takes me back to the "text you the app" page, and skipping that goes back to the "Register" page, and I have to reboot again.

I haven't found any side-effects of this, but it's at least annoying to be stuck with that "Set Up Your Kindle" entry in my library.

Last edited by Micael Jarniac; 08-20-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Micael Jarniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
Micael Jarniac

There seems to be the option to remove that shortcut when long-pressing it, so I'll try that later.
Advert
Old 08-20-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
Micael Jarniac

Yeah, removing it on the long-press options worked.

Now I gotta figure out how to get rid of the "kindle feedback" one!
Old 08-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micael Jarniac View Post
Now I gotta figure out how to get rid of the "kindle feedback" one!
No you can't. It's a feature of the hotfix on 5.12 and above.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
Micael Jarniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
No you can't. It's a feature of the hotfix on 5.12 and above.
What was it supposed to be for? I tried opening it but it just shows "opening..." for a second and nothing happens.
Advert
Old 08-20-2020, 01:42 PM   #6
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micael Jarniac View Post
What was it supposed to be for? I tried opening it but it just shows "opening..." for a second and nothing happens.
Maybe a guy at Amazon got something?
OK, a bit of theory here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=288836
The hotfix needs to set the flag PRE_GM_DEBUGGING_FEATURES_ENABLED__REMOVE_AT_GMC to keep jb alive.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, register, stuck