Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Help: how to select text on all pages in PDF files?

I found the reading experience became more pleasant when I changed the fonts or the stroke thickness in a pdf file that has light fonts. But I don't know how to select text on all pages in a pdf file besides pressing the mouse and drag it from the first line on page one to the last line of the file. For a book with hundreds of pages, it is really painful to wait for a long time before one can change the setting in the file. Does anyone know how to select text on all pages of a file with one or two clicks? Since Pocketbook can't darken text in a pdf file, changing the file itself is the only option. Thank you very much.

Btw, I am using adobe pro 9.0, the "select all" option only works for one page.

Last edited by jshzh; 05-07-2011 at 09:14 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
I found the reading experience became more pleasant when I changed the fonts or the stroke thickness in a pdf file that has light fonts. But I don't know how to select text on all pages in a pdf file besides pressing the mouse and drag it from the first line on page one to the last line of the file. For a book with hundreds of pages, it is really painful to wait for a long time before one can change the setting in the file. Does anyone know how to select text on all pages of a file with one or two clicks? Since Pocketbook can't darken text in a pdf file, changing the file itself is the only option. Thank you very much.

Btw, I am using adobe pro 9.0, the "select all" option only works for one page.
You have to change the view in Adobe. Instead of using a page per page view, you have to change it to view page continuous.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
You have to change the view in Adobe. Instead of using a page per page view, you have to change it to view page continuous.
Thank you. My setting was "single page continuous" but if I select "touchup text tool" first, the "select all" button became blank. If I chose "select all" first and then "touchup text tool", there is no choices for changing the fonts after right click the text.

So it still doesn't work.

Last edited by jshzh; 05-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
jshzh
Addict

"Properties" option (for changing fonts) disappears if I choose "select all" first and then "touchup text tool".

It seems the only thing I can do is first choose "touchup text tool" then select text. But then I can only use "select all" for one page, or press the mouse through the entire text.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Select text in PDF-files

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Thank you. My setting was "single page continuous" but if I select "touchup text tool" first, the "select all" button became blank. If I chose "select all" first and then "touchup text tool", there is no choices for changing the fonts after right click the text.

So it still doesn't work.
"Save as text" ?
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg View Post
"Save as text" ?
The file has a complicate layout -- multiple layers of notes between lines in different sizes and colors. It is not readable after converting to a txt file. I tried Word too. The Word file can be read on computer but on PB there are only two blank pages in the file instead of more than 1000. :-(
Old 05-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #7
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
if the word file is readable on pc, and you can make the changes trom there, try to convert back the document in PDF, OpenOffice writer has a "save as PDF document" option, or install a fake printer like pdfcreator. you should already have a fake printer for this, installed by adobe pro. at least there was one several years ago. at this point I'd try also to convert the book in epub format with Calibre or Sigil.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
if the word file is readable on pc, and you can make the changes trom there, try to convert back the document in PDF, OpenOffice writer has a "save as PDF document" option, or install a fake printer like pdfcreator. you should already have a fake printer for this, installed by adobe pro. at least there was one several years ago. at this point I'd try also to convert the book in epub format with Calibre or Sigil.
In word files there seems no option to change strike-width, so one has to change the fonts or styles. The result is the entire text has the same fonts, the same size, and the same color -- the distinction between the main text and notes disappeared. Also, some formats of the text was changed in the Word file.

There must a simple way to change the strike-width of the whole text (not fonts, size or color) in pdf files. Or the Adobe is that stupid?