Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
biooutsource
biooutsource began at the beginning.

Device: Kinddle
Free online document publishing sites

Hey everyone, i've got couple of articles written and planning it to promote on line, articles are regarding social concerns and as a part of my public awareness campaign mission. Can anyone suggest me good high visited sites where i can promote these articles for maximum visibility.

P.s these articles are free and i do not expect to receive any royalties for such articles as well.
biooutsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Specializing in documents:
Scribd.com, Docstoc.com, Box.net, Dropbox.com, Lulu.com. Lulu & Scribd distribute PDFs; the others will let you distribute in whatever format you like.

Ebook converters that allow free hosting/distribution:
Feedbooks.com, Manybooks.net, Smashwords.com.

Probably more; those are off the top of my head. For the ebook sites, you'd need to check the content requirements and make sure your articles are within their scope. (Smashwords doesn't allow certain kinds of marketing-tool ebooks, for example; can't use them to host "get rich writing ebooks!!!" ebooks.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
biooutsource

Wao thanks a lot its a long list, thanks a lot. In the meanwhile i've done some research myself and found out following sites as well.

docstoc, Google Doc, ziddu, 4shared, scribd, calameo, slideshare, gazhoo, issuu

These might be helpful for you if you don't know them
Old 09-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Ezinearticles and GoArticles.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
biooutsource

I dont know if you've recently observed the PageRank of Goarticles has dropped from 6 to 3, that's a huge drop. Wonder if you have any idea about this sudden decline.
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
dihao168
Banned
dihao168 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
dropbox i am using at moment
dihao168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by biooutsource View Post
I dont know if you've recently observed the PageRank of Goarticles has dropped from 6 to 3, that's a huge drop. Wonder if you have any idea about this sudden decline.
Google did an update which effected article directories rankings.

Another possibility for you is to look for high traffic blogs in your field and offer your articles as guest posts. Technorati is a good place for this.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #8
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
... I don't think that word means what you think it means ...
Or in other words, I don't think what you asked for is really what you want.

There are almost infinite places that you can post articles. Depending on the topic(s) you can even post them as threads in the appropriate forums here at MR. I think your question is more along the lines of: how can I get my articles read? And that is a much harder task.

The prerequisite for success is to have interesting thoughts and to present them in an engaging manner. The standard rules of writing apply, but there are two special web rules. First, keep it bite sized with one point per article --see, I'm violating that here and you are nodding off-grin. The second is to invite discussion. The web is interactive and your articles will get more readers if people are able to help you shape the topics.

Then you need to find a forum for posting. The key to this is to establish credibility. Why should anyone spend time reading your stuff? You can post on your own, say through a blog like bloodspot, but then you'll need to convince people to visit. You can try to post on an existing web site that has a lot of traffic, but then you will have to convince that web site that you are a credible contributor.

Frankly we can spend pages on marketing yourself and establishing a following. The short version that I would offer is to start by building your reputation. Find a web forum similar to Mobileread, but one that specializes n your area of concern. Establish yourself as a valued contributor b offering your thoughts on issues under discussion, and by offering up new areas that you would like to discuss. After you begin to establish a reputation as insightful, you can begin to refer people to your papers. Include a link in your signature area. Just make sure you make valuable contibutuons. Don't just post off-topic comments that then try to steer forum visitors to you.

Off course this is only the most rudimentary advice, but from your question I assume you are starting from scratch.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote