Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #31
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
Hello everyone,

The price for the JE-100 OEM is $289 with free shipping from the United States.
The price for the new ARM Cortex A8 Mid is also $289 and free shipping from the United States.

So slightly more than the SmartQ7, but both units are supposed to be of higher quality. If you are interested in purchasing either of these devices you can get them from the United States distributor via either eBay or his website. Here are a couple of his ebay listings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-inch-touch-scr...item3a53f33b50

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-inch-touch-scr...item3a537f055d

Here is his normal website store:

http://www.e-lectiostore.com/store.html

Tell him Heath Brown AKA ColdSun sent you if you don't mind. Oh and he also has 7 or so SmartQ7s in stock and is selling them for $224 (I *think* he said free shipping BUT don't hold me to that on the SmartQ7s). He accepts Paypal. He has been selling these ebook devices for a while due to his e-bible business. Good luck all. The JE-100 OEM will be here in a couple days so I'm hoping to have the review done over the weekend. Hopefully the other unit will arrive in a week or so.
Thanks for the web site links. I just clicked to buy the second one. I mentioned your name.

Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 10-20-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: error
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #32
dsingh
dsingh began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thanks for the link!. Looking forward to your reviews.
dsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #33
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Quote:
Is Windows CE a good OS? I always read negative things about it.
Its a great OS if you want to read DRM'ed content and have access to many different ebook reader applications. It isn't the best mobile OS out there though. There are many users here who like it because it is easy to use. Linux mobile devices aren't as easy to install applications and change settings. Android is pretty easy, but as far as I know there aren't any DRM reading applications for Android. Please correct me if I a wrong on the last, because that could make a big difference for everyone.

Last edited by ColdSun; 10-20-2009 at 05:25 PM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #34
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Thanks for the web site links. I just clicked to buy the second one. I mentioned your name.

Ellen
Congrats and thank you. I'm looking forward to reviewing both of them, but especially that one, since I do so many things on my mobile devices (comics, surfing, games)
Old 10-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #35
mike1232
mike1232 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Do you know if the second one support flash or plays youtube? I'm guessing it does since it uses ARM processor. I been searching on the web and the information isn't available. However I did find out it's called A81 MID.
mike1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #36
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Thanks Mike. Now I can get a little more info for people. I haven't verified anything about flash or youtube yet, but I'll let you know when I find the info.

Unverified Dimensions: 7.09" x 4.33" x 0.59"
Unverified Weight: 13.76-ounces

A little more information can be found here: http://www.pocketables.net/2009/08/a...cortex-a8.html

There are some other sites out there with a blog about this device, but they all say pretty much the same thing. From what I understand, my review unit is on the way from China right now.

Last edited by ColdSun; 10-20-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #37
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Coldsun,

I am foaming at the mouth! I can't wait!!! Like I said , I want another JE100 as a back up, but that second device looks like a dream.

Ellen
That second device really looks nice, but I think I'd miss the paging buttons the JE100 has.

And can you install Mobipocket Reader on WinCE6.0?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #38
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
That second device really looks nice, but I think I'd miss the paging buttons the JE100 has.

And can you install Mobipocket Reader on WinCE6.0?
Sweetpea,

Yes you can install Mobipocket. I have it on my Smart Q7. Ereader, Alreader, and ubook also install. The only one I haven't been able to get is MSreader. That could be that I haven't found the right version. I am still trying.

Ellen
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #39
imaredr
Collector

Also Sweetpea,

What screen protector are you using for your JE100. I tried the ones I have but they must be too sticky because they render the screen inactive.

Ellen
Old 10-22-2009, 05:03 AM   #40
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Also Sweetpea,

What screen protector are you using for your JE100. I tried the ones I have but they must be too sticky because they render the screen inactive.

Ellen
This one:
http://shop.brando.com/bw-pda-screen...c0818d092.html

I ordered one big sheet as I needed one for my Garmin GPS device as well. And I need to replace those on the PDA's...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:02 AM   #41
imaredr
Collector

Thanks Sweetpea!!

Ellen
Old 10-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #42
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

The JE-100 OEM Ebook device has arrived. I will start writing my review asap. First impressions: build quality much better than the SmartQ7. Screen more vibrant.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #43
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
The JE-100 OEM Ebook device has arrived. I will start writing my review asap. First impressions: build quality much better than the SmartQ7. Screen more vibrant.
Woo hoo !

Do you know yet which reader app(s) you are going to install on this ? I am guessing you will try some comic reading apps as well, right ?
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #44
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Related to this, what, if any, readers come installed on this by default ?
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #45
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

I'm charging it up before starting the review.

I'm going to try just about every ebook reader I can load on it. Alreader, MS Reader, uBook, and anything else I can get to load without any special treatment.

I'm also going to install a comic book reader, music player, and even a couple other suprises.

It only comes with its own ebook reader installed.