Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-09-2016, 12:07 AM   #46
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Hi.

After receiving the conflicting information above, I emailed Boyue the following question:

Quote:
Hi. I've been getting conflicting reports of the multilingual capabilities of your T63/JDRead.

According to one user: "I own one, built for the Chinese market. ... My system was customized to include jingdong's username at the upper left.
There were no language or timezone settings. I've tested stock JD-40,
JD-44 and JD-48 so far."

According to one online retailer: "Support multiple languages"

Is the T63/JDRead firmware locked to only Chinese language, or does it support changing the reader's language? Alternately, are there multiple versions of it, some of which are locked, some of which are multilingual? If so, how does one tell which is which?
I got the following rather ambiguous response (a bit over a week ago):
Quote:
Both are right.
Multiple language should be have been root. But 99% in market are JD read.

By the way, could you send more information about your company?
I emailed back seeking clarification, but have not heard back from them (possibly because as I'm not a company rep, I get a low priority).

I just received a private msg from a user inquiring about my progress, so thought I should post an update (even if, like pretty much every other information on this device, it is provisional, ambiguous and unsatisfactory).

ADDENDUM: re-sent the followup inquiry, and got the following response:
Quote:
Sorry to reply you late since we not get your email until now.. could you please tell us which country you are from.

Now all our 300 DPI T63 model is only customized with online shop. So this means the System is locked and can not support multi-language .

Thanks so much for your interesting, if more and more user ask such a unlock 6inch 300 DPI model. We will think about make some in market.

How do you think it? Which forum you are planning to put?

Last edited by Hrafn; 08-09-2016 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Addendum
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:30 AM   #47
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Did you try another launcher. I get comletely different setup options if Relaunch is used as launcher.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2016, 01:39 AM   #48
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In spite of forwarding the above information to the Aliexpress JDRead seller, she's still insisting (until she's blue in the face) that her product is multilanguage.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:18 AM   #49
Geenween
Enthusiast
Geenween began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Energy reader Pro+
The Bouye T63/JDRead is for sale at Bangood today.

Specs:
Quote:
Dimensions: 159.5 x 118 x 8 mm
Screen: 6", Carta1.2 ink touch screen (1448 * 1072, 300ppi), with Fronlight
System: Android 4.2.2

CPU: RK3026, Dual Core, 1.0GHZ
RAM: 512M + 8GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB.
Battery: 2800mAh lithium battery, about 5 hours charging time

??Headphone jack: 3.5mm?? This is puzzling because it does not seem to be any support for audio formats, also I cannot see it in any of the device pictures.

Data transmission: WI-FI 802.11b/g

Languages: Simplified / Traditional Chinese, English, French, German, Greece, Korea, Japan, the Netherlands, Belarus, Poland, Russian, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, Hungary, Portugal, Norway, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Estonian, Lithuania , Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia Westphalia, Latvia.

Last edited by Geenween; 09-24-2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Corrections
Geenween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #50
Hrafn
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geenween View Post
The Bouye T63/JDRead is for sale at Bangood today.

Specs:
Quote:

Languages: Simplified / Traditional Chinese, English, French, German, Greece, Korea, Japan, the Netherlands, Belarus, Poland, Russian, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, Hungary, Portugal, Norway, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Estonian, Lithuania , Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia Westphalia, Latvia.
I likewise saw this -- and some similar offers on Aliexpress. If anybody buys one, and can confirm for themselves the multi-language support (Boyue has previously stated that the JDRead is Chinese-only), I'd be very interested.
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 06:49 PM   #51
plus
plus began at the beginning.

Device: k4nt, T63HD-JD
The pictures at banggood actually show two different launchers.

Banded JD vs. Generic Boyue
plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:55 AM   #52
Hrafn
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus View Post
The pictures at banggood actually show two different launchers.

Banded JD vs. Generic Boyue
May I take it that the "Generic Boyue" launcher is a multi-lingual one?
Old 09-29-2016, 07:52 AM   #53
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Well, in the other thread there are firmware updates for all Boyue T6X devices. On my T61b clone the latest (summer) version does look like the second picture above, and yes, it comes with multilanguage support, but not all strings are translated, there are a lot of chines stuff in the settings menu. It also features the JingDong JDRead application.

If memory serves me the firmware filename does indicate, it was meant for the chinese market.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:04 AM   #54
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Someone asked about English availability on the banggood site for the T63. They said they would set the English language option before shipping it.

I'm looking at this and the Onyx Book Kepler Pro. At this point, I'm leaning toward the T63 based on my positive experiences with the T62+. The T63 also has a slightly newer Android version. I wonder if it has the large user app partition that the T62+ has. Audio isn't a need for me.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #55
plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
May I take it that the "Generic Boyue" launcher is a multi-lingual one?
Positive, as far as launcher/SystemUI support goes. I currently use a T62D launcher on my T63 in German language. The branded Chinese one crashed when I changed languages in build.prop.

There is no simple English setting in the original T63HD-JD image. If vendors claim to do so, they possibly replace the complete system.img (0x00100000@0x00282000) before shipping.

Last edited by plus; 09-30-2016 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-29-2016, 10:06 PM   #56
Hrafn
Fanatic

Quote:
If vendors claim to do so, they possibly replace the complete system.img (0x00100000@0x00282000) before shipping.
I've posted a follow-up question on Banggood asking them about that. Thanks.

Last edited by Hrafn; 09-29-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:20 AM   #57
flawlessx92
flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Positive, as far as launcher support goes. I currently use a T62D launcher on my T63 in German language. The branded Chinese one crashed when I changed languages in build.prop.

There is no simple English setting in the original T63HD-JD image. If vendors claim to do so, they possibly replace the complete system.img (0x00100000@0x00282000) before shipping.
how does the new carta 2 screen on T63 stands up against the older T62? from i know the T62 have slightly more yellow tint due to the capacitive touch screen implentation.

do you think the T63 is better? i cant really find any information online for comparison. it would be be awesome if you could do side by side video/picture comparison.

Last edited by flawlessx92; 09-30-2016 at 04:23 AM.
flawlessx92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:03 PM   #58
plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlessx92 View Post
how does the new carta 2 screen on T63 stands up against the older T62? from i know the T62 have slightly more yellow tint due to the capacitive touch screen implentation.

do you think the T63 is better? i cant really find any information online for comparison. it would be be awesome if you could do side by side video/picture comparison.
I've got no T62 for direct comparison, so I took my T63 to retail stores nearby.
Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite and 4nt
Tolino Shine 2 HD, Vision 3 HD, Page

Next to books: with / without backlight
Old 10-01-2016, 11:11 PM   #59
flawlessx92
flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'flawlessx92 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I've got no T62 for direct comparison, so I took my T63 to retail stores nearby.
Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite and 4nt
Tolino Shine 2 HD, Vision 3 HD, Page

Next to books: with / without backlight
That is wonderful! Thank you for that
flawlessx92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #60
Geenween
Enthusiast
Geenween began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Energy reader Pro+
At this point, I'm hoping for Energy-sistem to adapt their version of the Bouye T63 as they did with the previous models and bring them in the European market.
Geenween is offline   Reply With Quote