Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your overall thoughts on Pocket with Kobo
It really needs to be improved before I will commit to using it for anything. 5 7.58%
It works but its not for me. 3 4.55%
Neutral- no real opinion due to non use, or limited availability across the Kobo product line! 7 10.61%
Satisfied but only use for limited use. 13 19.70%
Kick ass option that will get a lot of use! 38 57.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Pocket Intergration with Kobo Overall.

Pocket seems to be something that should have been part of the Kobo line a long time ago. I am dumbfounded by the ease of use and practicality of the option and pocket uses. I have used it to create a very readable article for user agreements, documentation of devices, and various other things that I thought were useful to me. I don't quite understand how pocket escaped notice before Kobo. I have downloaded the app to my iphone and use the iphone to pocket articles for later reading on my Kobo. I have looked at the same articles on my iphone and compared them to Kobo, Finding the Kobo option is the best of them so far.

So overall, going forward what would you like to see added or changed to the way Kobo is handling the Pocket Universe? Do you find it to be acceptable at the level it is, is there Room for improvement, if so what improvements would you propose to make the Pocketing more useful or better? What do you think is wrong with the current Pocketing Strategy that is being employed for the Kobo Line, could it be improved? Going forward what tips and strategies would you suggest for new users or even seasoned users with Pocketing articles?

Any and all suggestions would be great. Maybe we can compile them into a sticky at some point.

regards
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Personally I am not truly into the whole reading long articles on the computer, tablet, or cell (though sometimes I prefer to read them on the cell due to how I have the computer set up).

Pocket makes it much more comfortable to read said articles, just like it's more comfortable reading books. It also helps with newspaper reading. I can't get the Globe and Mail where I am but I can read the webpage and I miss me some Social Studies :P

Obviously we can't watch video articles on the Aura (and even if they added a video player there wouldn't be much point without audio). So that topic shouldn't even be touched with a ten foot pole.

Basically I think currently the way to improve things would be on the Pocket end of things over which Kobo has no control (but can mostly likely influence). For example, on the desktop you can add a pocket button to your browser but on mobile you have to choose share, then add to pocket. If you could add a pocket button to the different mobile browsers it would be great or maybe if Pocket came out with their own browser designed only for finding and adding articles. Also if they could find a way to detect when a multi-page article is being added to automatically add the following pages. There is no sure fire way to do this so it would have to be a "beta" feature but it would be great because not all pages have a "print" button and even then sometimes the print versions lack important images and such.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I am loving it for reading short stories from free online magazines. Brilliant.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I can think of no improvements for Pocket. It works great.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Hoping this comes to the touch!!!!!
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
1) I wonder if some day Pocket will be able to save pdf pages opened in web browsers.

2) In addition, maybe the possibility to order/save daily article updates? - Not individual articles but new articles from one site saved as a magazine?

3) Email newsletters?

Thank you.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I use it to save book reviews of books on my wishlist. I use Evernote for everything else, and don't need that on my Kobo because I have it on my phone.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #8
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Some "regular" articles can't be saved, especially ebooks in public domain regardless of the language they are in. For instance, this,this and this.

Not every site has other formats of downloading like Gutenberg so it would be cool to be able to save a page directly with Pocket.

Last edited by jshzh; 11-02-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Some "regular" articles can't be saved, especially ebooks in public domain regardless of the language they are in. For instance, this,this and this.

Not every site has other formats of downloading like Gutenberg so it would be cool to be able to save a page directly with Pocket.
This is true, but pocket staff have suggested sharing the unarticled link to the support team at pocket, so that they can review the link and create a fix for it.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #10
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
This is true, but pocket staff have suggested sharing the unarticled link to the support team at pocket, so that they can review the link and create a fix for it.

regards

Jack
I thought this tread was created by Pocket team. In any case, I posted the suggestions to their website. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
I just got pocket on my Glo, and I think it's fantastic! It works especially well with ifttt to automatically pocket articles from an RSS feed, for example. I'll be using this a lot.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #12
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
loving this on my Touch.......
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #13
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It seems to work fine, but I can't imagine ever using it.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #14
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I likely won't upgrade to get it, and I don't turn on wireless so I wouldn't use it anyway. I prefer to read online on a desktop or tablet. So I'm pretty neutral.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #15
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
The Pocket integration is great and I've already wasted much time using it (I have a huge backlog of articles ).
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote