Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2018, 02:49 AM   #1
Gxr031
Gxr031 began at the beginning.

Device: LG PAD IV
Moon Reader Pro and Importing

So this is my problem. I had a LG G Pad 3 that had Adoptive storage. Basically, it allows you to have a SD card act as Internal memory. I used Moon reader pro and had imported 1000+k to it. I recently bought the LG G Pad 4 that doesn't have adoptive storage and an SD Card as portable storage.I imported my books to the new LG Pad but all the books are empty as it says all the books have no files as the 2 drives are different. You can't use adoptive storage with the new LG 4 pad. Is there any way to have Moon reader pro to recognize the files? Apart from importing a thousand new books and renaming everything.

Thank you.
Gxr031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:48 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
NO.
when you use an SD card as adoptive storage it is irreversibly tied to the specific device you set that on. The card becomes unreadable anywhere else, unless you reformat it and start over

https://www.androidcentral.com/adoptable-storage
Once a storage device is adopted, it becomes part of the system and is no longer removable. Sure you can physically remove it, but you'll be prompted to put it back while apps and services crash on your phone or tablet. It's adopted — taken in and loved by the system, and made part of the whole.

This means Adoptable storage is really only useful for two things:

An SD card placed in a phone or tablet and never to be removed
A USB storage device attached to your Android TV box, and never to be removed.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:50 PM   #3
Gxr031

Do you know of any way for to change the file path on Moon reader to find the books if I copy them from my computer? Lol. I spent almost a year changing the names, authors, etc in a specific format so I can find anything I want. Thank you for your help.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moon has a built in file explorer, use the my files menu option. Then navigate to wherever you copied the books to. It can open a book from any folder in internal storage. My files remembers the folder you last pointed at.
Or use the calibre companion app to get copies from a calibre content server, then set moon as the default reader to open with from cc.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:04 AM   #5
Gxr031

THank you for the help. One last question. You mentioned the Calibre companion. What exactly is this app? Thank you.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:36 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gxr031 View Post
THank you for the help. One last question. You mentioned the Calibre companion. What exactly is this app? Thank you.
It is an app in google and Amazon app stores. And has its own forum here.
Find it in store and try it, there now a free demo mode.

It will wirelessly access a calibre library in various ways from a phone or tablet
Old 05-23-2020, 10:08 AM   #7
tule
tule began at the beginning.

Device: moon+
Hi, I have stored a lot of books on my google drive and now I want to import them in Moon+ reader pro. What is the most simple procedure? Thanks.
tule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:35 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard

how I would do it is to use an app that can bulk export from G drive to a local folder on the tablet. then set up moon preferences to auto import that folder to shelf
I use folder sync- but as you only need to do it once, any file explorer type app should work
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....lite&hl=en_GB
alternatively, if you can browse to your google drive from within Moon ( files tab) it will open the books directly from there, one at a time , as you read them. All it will store locally is a database of covers, book details, read progress etc. it will not need to make copies of the actual book files
I know that method works with dropbox - I can browse all my dropbox fiolders from within moon. I have not tested with google drive
Old 05-23-2020, 01:16 PM   #9
tule

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
how I would do it is to use an app that can bulk export from G drive to a local folder on the tablet. then set up moon preferences to auto import that folder to shelf
I use folder sync- but as you only need to do it once, any file explorer type app should work
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....lite&hl=en_GB
alternatively, if you can browse to your google drive from within Moon ( files tab) it will open the books directly from there, one at a time , as you read them. All it will store locally is a database of covers, book details, read progress etc. it will not need to make copies of the actual book files
I know that method works with dropbox - I can browse all my dropbox fiolders from within moon. I have not tested with google drive
Thanks for the explanation, I already managed to download the sync app but now I am stuck
Old 05-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #10
stumped
Wizard

Link folder sync to Google drive, so it can access gd folders.
The folder copy whatever you want to whatever local folder.
E.g. my books are in books/moon reader, and moon is pointed at same place.

I will look again at folder sync but I think I did something similar with dropbox.
Or use an app like es file explorer which can link to cloud drives. I am not a fan of es, I use x-plore, which can also do it.

Last edited by stumped; 05-23-2020 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:35 PM   #11
stumped
Wizard

I had to re install folder sync and remind myself..
In folder sync, select account then tap plus sign to see cloud options. Select Google drive and complete authorisation... Then choose the remote folder in gd, and select one way sync ,= mirror, to a local folder

Other file managers work similarly. You can also copy over LAN. By sharing your source calibre library to LAN then mirror from that ( not TO that)

Try it ,ask again if stuck

Last edited by stumped; 05-23-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #12
tule

i tried to install a sync but i got stuck i n the authorisation, normally it has to go back to the app but that doesn't happen
Old 05-24-2020, 12:32 AM   #13
stumped
Wizard

try a different file manager app, if there's an issue with GD and file sync auth
or sync instead to the local copy of your GD on your PC- just make that a sharad folder and get it over LAN
Old 05-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #14
tule

Hi I have all my books on Gdrive like you explained above:
Now I have downloaded the app Autosync for Google Drive, but I don't know exactly which files to pair to share my notes, highlights on all devices?
can you explain this in a very simple and step by step way?
Thanks
Old 05-30-2020, 12:15 AM   #15
stumped
Wizard

in moon preferences find and tick the option to backup sync to cloud. it will need a one time auth for cloud access
so that on each device
then you will see a brief sync to cloud pip up as you exit a book
in cloud, you can see the files in apps/moonreader/cache.... 2 per book

i dont use that autosync app , know nothing about it, moon does not need it