Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
joshmosh
Enthusiast
joshmosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
KT Won't Turn On

Hello,

I hadn't used my Kobo Touch for a few days and when I tried to turn it on it wouldn't. The blue light wouldn't even come on. I thought the battery was dead so I plugged it in but still nothing. I tried resetting it with the pinhole button on the back but that still didn't work. It is stuck on the OFF screen (with the book cover and percentage complete). There does seem to be some strange artifacting with the screen, maybe smaller than a thumb size on part of the book cover. I don't know if this is related...

Any ideas on what to do?? I have no idea why it is doing this and am thinking I may have to take it in to Chapters.

Thanks!!
joshmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
GVC2031
Enthusiast
GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.GVC2031 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina
I had the same issue three weeks after purchasing my KT. I brought it back to Chapters and they exchanged it for a new one. Now that 1.9.10 has apparently fixed the storage error problem, I am now a happy camper.
GVC2031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
joshmosh
Enthusiast

Good to know they will exchange it. I will have to bring it in.

Thanks for the information!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmosh View Post
Good to know they will exchange it. I will have to bring it in.

Thanks for the information!
Strange problem. Can you try doing a hard reset?

1) Plug in the device in for at least 30 min - 1hour.
2) Hold down the home button and power on the device.

Let me know if that works.

Sameer.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
I had a weird problem after unplugging it from my computer and it was frozen on the charging screen. I just played with the power button a couple of times and it opened after a couple of minutes of trying. Try keeping it pressed like your trying to turn it on.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 03:44 AM   #6
joshmosh
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Strange problem. Can you try doing a hard reset?

1) Plug in the device in for at least 30 min - 1hour.
2) Hold down the home button and power on the device.

Let me know if that works.

Sameer.
That doesn't seem to work...I have had it do a hard reset, the blue LED flashed rapidly for a while. When I plug it into the computer I get the Kobo drive and all my books are erased, but the device will not turn on. When I try and turn it on the blue LED will come on now, but the device screen itself is stuck on the OFF cover screen.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #7
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmosh View Post
That doesn't seem to work...I have had it do a hard reset, the blue LED flashed rapidly for a while. When I plug it into the computer I get the Kobo drive and all my books are erased, but the device will not turn on. When I try and turn it on the blue LED will come on now, but the device screen itself is stuck on the OFF cover screen.
Unfortunately that sounds like a hardware problem, you will need to exchange it after all. Please let me know if you have any problems exchanging the device.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
joshmosh
Enthusiast

Chapters was very helpful and exchanged my unit right away. Thanks Sameer for the help!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #9
Myotis2011
Myotis2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo e-reader
Kobo e-reader won't turn on

Hello,
My Kobo (purchased in the last wk. of August) was working fine last night, the power meter was showing the battery as approx. half-full. This morning, it wouldn't turn on. I plugged it into the USB port on my laptop, but nothing happened. I bought the device because I was moving to the Persian Gulf, and couldn't bring a ton of books with me. Obviously, there are no Chapters or Indigo stores here. What should I do?
Many thanks.
Myotis2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #10
CdnBloodlust
CdnBloodlust doesn't litterCdnBloodlust doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Had a similar problem I just kept trying for a minute and it just worked fine after a few tries. What would happen was I would hold the button and I would also try just pressing it quickly too and the blue light wouldn't come on. I just kept trying and it started working fine after a minute of trying.
CdnBloodlust is offline   Reply With Quote