Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
tinabryan410
tinabryan410 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
Converting Kindle ebook to print?

I have a learning disability that makes it hard for me to follow text on a screen, so I like the printed page -- but some of the books I need exist only as ebooks (I use Kindle for PC). Is there any software, yet, that would allow me to print out an ebook? I don't care about preserving formatting or graphics, it's just the printed text content for my own use that I need.
tinabryan410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Sure, not a problem. I do this for craft patterns in ebook form all the time. Open your book in Kindle for PC. Copy and paste into a word processing program. The bad news is that you have to do this for every single page.

If you don't have DRM on your book, read it into Calibre. Open the ebook in View. Then, it will allow you to copy from the start to the end provided you have adequate memory resources. Paste into word processor. Be sure to save before printing.

Last edited by Tarana; 10-21-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
tinabryan410
tinabryan410 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
Thanks, Tarana! I'll try it!
tinabryan410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabryan410 View Post
I have a learning disability that makes it hard for me to follow text on a screen, so I like the printed page
Have you tried an e-ink reader, like a regular Kindle? The display really is very paper-like, and utterly unlike reading on a PC or LCD.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, learning disability, print