Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
IREX Support

Had some odd behaviour from my unit this morning. Had been reading and put it aside for about 10 minutes to look for a reference. When I came back to it nothing worked - flip bar did nothing, menu button did nothing, stylus didn't respond. Tried to put it to standby and got red and blue alternate flashing lights. Eventually got it to reboot and seems OK.

Tried to report the occurrence to IREX Support. Logged in but when I tried to start a new ticket got this message as shown on attached file.

Anyone got any ideas about initial issue and/or why I cannot start a new support ticket?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Irex1.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	48442  
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
I'm not sure about your initial problem, but the netsuite issue looks like they may have been performing maintenance on their website when you tried to create a ticket or the software glitched and logged you in improperly. I'd say try again, and if you still can't post a trouble ticket, email them explaining both problems.

I've had very good experiences with iRex' Support services, so hopefully they'll understand your difficulties well.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
I'm not sure about your initial problem, but the netsuite issue looks like they may have been performing maintenance on their website when you tried to create a ticket or the software glitched and logged you in improperly. I'd say try again, and if you still can't post a trouble ticket, email them explaining both problems.

I've had very good experiences with iRex' Support services, so hopefully they'll understand your difficulties well.
Thanks PhishStyx. Did try again but now cannot get on to support site at all. Maybe it is maintenance, though there's no notice anywhere. Original problem seems to have resolved now - but would still like to know what went on.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
Can you recall what file(s) weer opener? It seems to be a bug that halted the device, hence the blue & red flashing LED.
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
TGS
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
Can you recall what file(s) weer opener? It seems to be a bug that halted the device, hence the blue & red flashing LED.
It was a PDF, that's virtually all I read for work. It was quite a big file and had happily been page flipping for about an hour. The problem seemed to arise when I left the unit for a while - not long enough for it to go into "sleep" mode or whatever it is when the screen goes blank, maybe 10 minutes. When I tried to resume reading it was just kind of hung. The flashing lights started when I tried to put it into sleep mode.
I tried the same file later and when I reopened it it took me to a point about 10 pages prior to the one I was reading when it went down, but other than that was OK, and has been OK ever since with the same and other files.

So, a bit of a mystery.
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Thanks PhishStyx. Did try again but now cannot get on to support site at all. Maybe it is maintenance, though there's no notice anywhere. Original problem seems to have resolved now - but would still like to know what went on.
Just (4:15 pm CET) out of curiosity checked my open support ticket and my history. Accessible without any problems. At least it's not the entire site, that's down.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
TGS
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Just (4:15 pm CET) out of curiosity checked my open support ticket and my history. Accessible without any problems. At least it's not the entire site, that's down.
Thanks for checking mgmueller. Yes, I can go to support history but if I click on "New", as if to start a new ticket, then I get that odd message that I posted earlier.

Just tried it with two different browsers. I can log in to My Support and do everything except start a new ticket.

Last edited by TGS; 03-21-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Update
Old 03-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Thanks for checking mgmueller. Yes, I can go to support history but if I click on "New", as if to start a new ticket, then I get that odd message that I posted earlier.

Just tried it with two different browsers. I can log in to My Support and do everything except start a new ticket.
Just tried: I get the very same error message in Safari on my iMac.
If I were you, I'd send them an email instead. They will add it to a newly opened case for you.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:50 AM   #9
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
iRex has put up a notification about this issue on the support website:
http://support.irexreader.com

They say that if you call their agents they can create a new case for you.
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #10
TGS
Country Member

Thanks for pointing that out pauli - it must have gone up this morning (CET).
Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Yeah, they posted yesterday saying that they had recently done a software upgrade on their internal system that their support people use, and it had a problem. They're working on fixing it, but in the meantime you can't create a new ticket online. If you call them, they'll create a ticket for you though. Access to existing tickets works.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #12
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FYI,

They posted on their forum a little while ago saying that the support site should be fixed now.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #13
TGS
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
FYI,

They posted on their forum a little while ago saying that the support site should be fixed now.
Thanks for letting me know Shaggy. Original problem has not reoccurred, so I'm not sure it's worth starting a support ticked - what's your experience of them responding to reports of blips that seem to have cleared themselves?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know Shaggy. Original problem has not reoccurred, so I'm not sure it's worth starting a support ticked - what's your experience of them responding to reports of blips that seem to have cleared themselves?
I've seen mine do the red/blue flashing LED twice. I assume it's an error code of some kind. I don't think I had to completely reboot though, just flipped the power and it woke back up. I'm guessing it has to do with an error either entering or exiting sleep mode. I assume that during the 10 minutes you weren't using it, it went into sleep mode on it's own.

I don't know if the red/blue has any significant meaning about the type of error. That might be useful information to ask their support. On the DR1000 there is a combination of lights that come on, and the exact combination means different things and can tell you what kind of error it was. I don't know if there is something similar with how the LED on the DR800 flashes, but it would be nice to know.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #15
Oracle
Oracle began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800SG
Hi TGS,问候你们全家
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote