Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-25-2015, 10:48 AM   #31
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Thanks
The current build is now hopefully the release build. I will test it a little bit more, but this should be it

After the release I will look at the UI a little bit more. Plans are to make it configurable and to implement an automatic action, that imports from the comic archive, if it has metadata, otherwise embeds calibres metadata in the archive. And maybe another one that imports or embeds depending on which information is newer.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #32
DreamStatic
Enthusiast
DreamStatic began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, computer
Excellent!!

I like those future ideas! Look forward to those new features. Impressive work, sir!!
DreamStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #33
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

I am noticing as I use this that a couple more bits of info may prove useful in my use case. I was working on organizing a reading list and noticed that when the story jumps from one series to another series it is hard to easily follow the flow. i.e. Civil War Story arc spans many series. I then noticed in the ComicInfo data there is Month and Year which could prove useful to know when those other series were released to visually see reading order more easily.

Just thinking out loud here, what are your thoughts?
How do you manage those crazy series jumping reading lists?
Do you have a source for accurate reading lists?

Last edited by DreamStatic; 09-25-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #34
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used wikipedia, but I don't read that kind of story often. Month and year are imported to calibre, it is the publication date. Probably the story arch is in the metadata, then you could use the tag browser to show all comics with that arch.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:06 AM   #35
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Hmm, I am not getting "Published" date. It is showing "Undefined" after import.
Advert
Old 09-26-2015, 07:33 AM   #36
dickloraine
Guru

Should be fixed now.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:04 AM   #37
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Yes, working great now. Thank you.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:00 AM   #38
dickloraine
Guru

Updated to version 1.2, introducing support for custom columns:
You can now store various comic relevant metadata in custom columns and import to them from metadata in the comic archive or embed the information in them back to comic archives.

This allows you to have access to most comic relevant metadata in calibre. Information like Penciller, Story Arch, Characters in the comic etc., all now managable with calibre, allowing for example searches, sorting, tag browser facilities usable on them.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #39
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Loving this release, so good!!!

You give any thought to including #Issues, Alt. Issue, and Alt. #Issues? It would be great to utilize the #Issues so we could easily see if a run is complete or not. And the Alt. Issue and Alt. #Issues could be used for tracking the Story Arcs that span multiple series.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:54 PM   #40
dickloraine
Guru

It would be easy, just some lines of code. But the options are very big even now, and that seems to be very seldom used metadata. On the other hand, one opens the options not very often and no one has to use all or even any of the custom columns. I don't know.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:03 PM   #41
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Yes, I agree. I like how you have set it up so you can use what you want and leave the rest unassigned.

I have the custom columns, I mentioned, already loaded in Calibre, just be nice to pull it from the ComicInfo since it is already there from when I tagged the comics in ComicTagger. Just saves me from having to manually enter the info again. But I am already blessed with all that you have provided enhancing this plugin so no worries if you decide not to implement. I am super happy already!!
Old 09-30-2015, 08:56 AM   #42
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Checking in, so far so good. I haven't ran into any issues. Pretty impressive work!! Loving this new functionality of having all the additional info. Really cool to be able to search for an artist and easily see what all you have of their work. Thanks again!!
Old 11-01-2015, 12:27 AM   #43
xd1986k
xd1986k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7, Ipad
Would it be possible to add functionality to embed calibre cover in archive?
xd1986k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:55 AM   #44
dickloraine
Guru

Haven't looked into it, but an obvious problem would be, that there is no convention about covers in cbz's. The actual cover is just the alphabetical first image in the archive. So there is no robust way to check if that is a cover or just the first side, making batch conversion difficult. And then there is the question as to how to name the cover to make shure, it is the first image.

A possibility would be to compare calibres cover with the first image and only set it, if they are different.

I may take a look at this, but won't promise anything, as this would be not the most robust feature ever
Old 12-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #45
ben_marko
ben_marko began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini (2nd Gen), Galaxy Tab3
This would be great if I didn't have problems using .cbz files. .cbz files on my Macs will often fail to properly display pages (usually alternating ones) in both Calibre and when I use SimpleComic. I usually extract the pages from the .cbz file and then recompress them using Rarify, then I change the file extensions to .cbr with ManageNameExt.

Is it possible to encode metadata in a .cbr file?
ben_marko is offline   Reply With Quote