Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
charmian
Addict
charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW2
Barnes & Noble One Week Sale on Nook STR, Glowlight, Nook HD

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/nook...ble/1102344735
Price reduced to $59

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/nook...ble/1108046469
Price reduced to $79

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/nook...ble/1110060426
Price reduced to $109 for the 8GB model, to $119 for the 16GB model.
charmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Got the email about the sale this morning. Guess there is a new generation NOOK coming, since they are really trying to clear out old inventory.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
This is really very tempting, but since I *know* there's something new around the corner I'm going to wait and try that. If it's a disappointment I have the my STR and tablets.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I went to Books-A-Million today and they had the same sale on the nook. I wonder how many are still left? I would've thought the $129 and $149 price would be low enough to move must of the units.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Historiann
Connoisseur
Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
I went to my local Books a Million today, and they appeared to be selling the nook hd and hd+ for last week's prices--no signs indicating a sale. What's more, while I was looking at them, a salesperson came over and advised me to buy a kindle and shop at amazon instead! I was taken aback that someone working at a bricks and mortar store would encourage a customer to seek out the competition.
Historiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
One thing...if you want the HD Snow, I think you can only get that from B&N. So this sale is the perfect time to grab one.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
$5 gift credit

I bit on the sale and bought an HD for my daughter. After registering it to my B&N account, I got an email that said that I had a $5 credit. I couldn't find anything on B&N's site announcing the $5 gift, so I don't know for sure what the deal is. Here's the text of the email:

Quote:
Thanks for choosing NOOK®!

Good news—your $5 credit is now in your account! It expires in 5 days so don’t wait too long to spend it.

Just visit the NOOK Store™ on your device to use it towards any of our books, magazines & more, or shop on NOOK.com where purchases automatically get synced to your NOOK.

There's a lot to discover and we're sure you'll find something great. Happy reading!

The NOOK Team

P.S. You’re currently unsubscribed from our marketing emails. If you’d like to receive emails about special offers and recommended reading, just sign-in to your BN account and change your email preferences.
I'm surprised that they would have a promotion like that without announcing it, so my guess is that they sent it to me because I'd previously opted out of their marketing. So if you buy a NOOK device, it might be worth $5 to opt out of their marketing emails first.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote