Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
Tomladams
Tomladams began at the beginning.

Device: None
Where is file name in sqlite3 db?

I've stupidly run a find command that I use for other purposes from inside the calibre library directory. The net result of this was to move all the individual files from where they were in the library to one new directory. I was hoping to write a script that used information from metadata.db to put the files back where they belonged. I can find the pathname in the books table, but I can't find the file names anywhere in the database. Are the filenames there?
Tomladams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look in the data table
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
irrelevant

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-12-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: xposted with kg
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Tomladams
Tomladams began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thanks. That worked great. I installed Sqlite3, ran "sqlite3 metadata.db 'select name,path from books, data where data.book = books.id'" and got a list of where all the files should have been. I got confused last night because the file type isn't in the name value in the data table. I appreciate the help.
Tomladams is offline   Reply With Quote