Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I bought this one a few months ago with a Kobo coupon; only paid $0.54 so I'm not bitter
It's well worth that! I have all her books in paperback but collecting the ebook versions now. In fact I have two copies of her last book Don't Mess With Texas in paperback. I need give one away to someone.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #47
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's well worth that! I have all her books in paperback but collecting the ebook versions now. In fact I have two copies of her last book Don't Mess With Texas in paperback. I need give one away to someone.
I have 4 of her books but I've only gotten around to reading one of them so far, unfortunately.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #48
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Hey all:

Good job with all the great freebies!

P.S.- had to post so I can see this thread on my CP!
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
Hey all:

Good job with all the great freebies!

P.S.- had to post so I can see this thread on my CP!
If you click Thread Tools at the top of the thread it will give you a little dropdown menu with an option to subscribe to the thread without posting.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #50
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Hot under the Collar by Jackie Barbosa is free at Amazon.
Quote:
Despite the old saw about third sons being destined for the church, no one ever expected the rakish, irresponsible Walter Langston to take up the collar, least of all himself. After an accident renders him unfit for military service, however, he has few other options. When he’s given the post of vicar at a parish church in a sleepy, coastal village, he’s convinced he’ll molder in obscurity. Instead, his arrival brings a sudden resurgence in church attendance…or at least, the attendance of female parishioners. As word of the eligible young vicar spreads, every well-heeled family for miles with a marriageable daughter fills his pews, aiming to catch his eye. Unfortunately for these hopeful members of his flock, Walter’s eye has already been caught—by the one woman who doesn’t come to church on Sundays.

Artemisia Finch left a lucrative career as a celebrated member of London’s demimondaine to care for her ailing father. Returning home hasn’t been easy, though, as her past isn’t even a well-kept secret in the village. When the new vicar arrives on her doorstep, Artemisia is determined to send him on his merry, pious way. But Walter Langston is nothing like any man of the cloth she’s ever known—he’s funny, irreverent, handsome, and tempting as sin. Falling in love with a vicar would be a very bad idea for a former courtesan. Why does this one have to be so hot under the collar?
No idea how long it lasts, since I read some were it is an slight delay in pricematching with Smashwords.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #51
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
Hot under the Collar by Jackie Barbosa is free at Amazon.

No idea how long it lasts, since I read some were it is an slight delay in pricematching with Smashwords.

Also free (and DRM free) at Kobo.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #52
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I don't read a lot of romance (I think there are only 2 in my bargains under 5 list that I keep track of...no, there's probably 3 because I think there's one in the 99 list.) Anyway, the point (and I do have one) is I read a pretty decent one yesterday that I enjoyed:

Driving Mr. Dead by Molly Harper. I've passed this by SEVERAL times because it's billed as a novella--it's book-length so far as I'm concerned even if it's on the short side of a book. It took me 2.5 hours to read and I think it's near 200 pages. It's a fun read. Yeah a couple of plot points could have been tied up in a bow that were left a bit drifting, but it was funny, cuuuuute and a lot of fun to read. It's only 1.99.

Light reading, definitely not oversexed, and has a cute plot.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #53
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
A Gentleman Says "I Do" by Amelia Grey, is at DANL 99c (or 50c for DANL members).

It was #28 on the NYT Bestseller List recently.

A Little Mischief by the same author is on the selection for free downloads for members, too.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #54
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Mademoiselle at Arms US DE by Elizabeth Bailey. A Georgian romance, this appears to be self-published, but the author has written many Regency romances for Harlequin as well as a historical mystery series.

Quote:
Set in the late Georgian era, Elizabeth Bailey’s traditional historical romance features an unconventional heroine with a rebellious spirit who runs headlong into adventure.

Mademoiselle at Arms

Threatened with a pistol by the young lady discovered in a deserted mansion, Major Gerald Alderley is instantly intrigued. Who is the beautiful intruder? And why does she disguise herself as a nun? What circumstance has thrust her into an enterprise both foolhardy and dangerous? The girl’s French accent places her with the émigrés from across the channel, except that Mademoiselle insists she is English.

Set on unravelling the mystery, Gerald begins a relentless pursuit, hunting down every possible clue - much to the indignation of Mademoiselle. When her life proves to be in danger from the villainous émigré Valade, Gerald has his work cut out. For Mademoiselle Melusine, engaged in a desperate battle to prove her true identity, believes she is well able to take care of herself and is determined not to be rescued.
Touched by Fire US DE, a mail-order bride story by Gwyneth Atlee originally published by Splendor in 1999 (repeat freebie)
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #55
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Anyway, the point (and I do have one) is I read a pretty decent one yesterday that I enjoyed:

Driving Mr. Dead by Molly Harper. I've passed this by SEVERAL times because it's billed as a novella--it's book-length so far as I'm concerned even if it's on the short side of a book. It took me 2.5 hours to read and I think it's near 200 pages. It's a fun read. Yeah a couple of plot points could have been tied up in a bow that were left a bit drifting, but it was funny, cuuuuute and a lot of fun to read. It's only 1.99.

Light reading, definitely not oversexed, and has a cute plot.
Picked this one up for $5.95 at the Audible paperback sale.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
Picked this one up for $5.95 at the Audible paperback sale.
I did too. I love Molly Harper's books! The sequel to it is already out. I need to pick that one up.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-05-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #57
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I did too. I love Molly Harper's books! The sequel to it is already out. I need to pick that one up.
There's a sequel??? I was looking through her books and didn't notice. Guess I should pay more attention.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
There's a sequel??? I was looking through her books and didn't notice. Guess I should pay more attention.
Yep the novella was a prequel to her new series that is set in her previous books' world. I would suggest going back and reading the other books first but the sequel is here I just got the audible of it.

The other books from her previous series:

1 Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs
2 Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men
3 Nice Girls Don't Live Forever
4 Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors

Last edited by Blossom; 08-05-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #59
Wald07
Audiophile

Quote:
Yep the novella was a prequel to her new series that is set in her previous books' world. I would suggest going back and reading the other books first but the sequel is here I just got the audible of it.

What about the "Naked Werewolf" ones? Different wolrd?

(Blossom always has the inside scoop!)
Old 08-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #60
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:

[/quote]

I got that the "novella" was in the same world. (I don't know why they call it a novella. Most novellas are under 20k words and this is way longer than that.) But I didn't know it was the start of a series. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I'm not a huge series reader, but I do like the funny series now and then.

Have any of y'all read the Lexi Carmichael series? It's by...uh. No One to Trust is the second...dang it. Julie Moffett! I don't think the "romance" gets going until the second book (there's a novella, a first and a second novel.) But if you like Molly Harper's quirky, you might like Moffet's style. I thought they were a lot of fun. I'm hoping she writes a third, or fourth depending on your viewpoint of novellas.