Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #8521
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'm finding this particularly annoying myself! I buy a lot of Crossway books and it was quite economical to get them at Kobo but I notice they no longer have epub downloads available for the newer books. I 'investigated' a bit and it seems to have started around Feb/Mar 2014. I contacted Crossway about it and the reply was that they have no control over how Kobo chooses to distribute the books. Now I have to resort to buying more and more from Amazon. I recently bought a book from Amazon for $9.99 (the horror! ) which I could've bought from Kobo for less than $3.00 if only it was available in epub. Total 'unsmiley' moment
What? Amazon don't sell epubs, so you would have had to strip DRM and convert to epub anyway. Why not just buy the Kobo book and do the same?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #8522
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Thanks Anemicoak. I was googling away and my eyes crossed trying to figure out what I needed.

Not that I have such a file, but you know it will happen sooner or later.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #8523
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
What? Amazon don't sell epubs, so you would have had to strip DRM and convert to epub anyway. Why not just buy the Kobo book and do the same?
I got instructions on how to liberate a kepub into epub, but it definitely wasn't as neat and simple as the Calibre plugins. In any case, I wanted to try it but I found I couldn't access any of my Kobo books via the desktop app. The books were all there but when I clicked on them I got an error message (see attachment). I deleted and re-installed the software and the same thing happened. I eventually gave up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EM.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	124473  
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:29 PM   #8524
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
55%

244KQC
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:01 AM   #8525
Billingsgate
Buys too many books
Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'm finding this particularly annoying myself! I buy a lot of Crossway books and it was quite economical to get them at Kobo but I notice they no longer have epub downloads available for the newer books. I 'investigated' a bit and it seems to have started around Feb/Mar 2014. I contacted Crossway about it and the reply was that they have no control over how Kobo chooses to distribute the books. (
And Kobo told me in one of their e-mails that it's the publisher who determines the format. Which seems more believable, considering that not every new book from every publisher is in KEPUB format. Most likely Kobo sells publishers on the idea that KEPUB DRM is even harder to crack than Adobe's, which, alas, seems to be true.
Billingsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2014, 05:00 AM   #8526
peterwardgd
Addict
peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura
Seem to have opened pandora's box with this kepub issue sorry. Back to the codes!
peterwardgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:11 AM   #8527
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileJanie View Post
I emailed Penguin earlier in the year when I was caught out with Kobo's offering of the reprint of the Maigret series as kepub, and as far as they are concerned these books are epub, so it IS Kobo, not the publisher.

I had no success converting them to epub, although others here have.
I admit I am partly guilty for kepub-epub discussion, so this will be my last post on it (just very irritated with Kobo, sorry guys).
I was just looking for the book Classic Mulk Raj Anand published by Penguin in January this year.
On Kobo India it's 479.19 rupees and it's kepub (with multiuse 40% off code perkopolis it would be 287.51)
On Google Play India it's 299.50 and it's epub.
I bought it on Google Play without code.
I have no idea what Kobo's intentions are, but I am strongly convinced that kepub is either Kobo's decision or Penguin's based on Kobo telling them that it's a great option.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #8528
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsgate View Post
And Kobo told me in one of their e-mails that it's the publisher who determines the format. Which seems more believable, considering that not every new book from every publisher is in KEPUB format. Most likely Kobo sells publishers on the idea that KEPUB DRM is even harder to crack than Adobe's, which, alas, seems to be true.
They may have started it because they wanted to see if they could create their own formula and not have to pay adobe?
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #8529
evening-green
evening-green does all things with Zen-like beautyevening-green does all things with Zen-like beautyevening-green does all things with Zen-like beautyevening-green does all things with Zen-like beautyevening-green does all things with Zen-like beautyevening-green does all things with Zen-like beautyevening-green does all things with Zen-like beautyevening-green does all things with Zen-like beautyevening-green does all things with Zen-like beautyevening-green does all things with Zen-like beautyevening-green does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I hope someone can use these.

55%
7R99zr
9WCS7J
fTeUXe
evening-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #8530
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening-green View Post
I hope someone can use these.

55%
7R99zr
9WCS7J
fTeUXe
I DID!
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:46 AM   #8531
bluesapphires2k
Connoisseur
bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch, kindle paperwhite, kobo aura (ed 2)
You've received a 55% off coupon!
Coupon code: gb3TaS
bluesapphires2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #8532
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone else have codes lurking about?
Old 06-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #8533
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
65%
bnvtaj
cThzi7
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #8534
Gisu29
Groupie
Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MacAir
You've received a 65% off coupon!
Spoiler:

dI3MVJ
dnpEaI
Dtttbz
HWHgtw
I7U6IX
hyMZxT
F5BLCZ
hY8ZHz
Gisu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #8535
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist

A big thank you to Fbone, Gisu29 and apesmom for the 65% codes. I must appreciate it.

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals