Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Overdrive for Android

Works great on the IQ.

I can set to my public library. Give it my library bar code and PIN. And download ePubs DIRECTLY - no Adobe Digital Editions download followed by side loading from my PC.

And it has one *super* usability feature I had not seen before: tap on the right side of the screen for the next page, tap on the left for the previous page. The page turning swipes work also, but that is a lot more "work". The volume control does NOT page forward or backward.

It says that it only supports ePub. And I see no dictionary support. But, if your public library uses Overdrive.com - it saves a few steps and time.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
It works well. I have library accounts in two different systems and they both are easily added and books. The console isn't completely intuitive but I manage.

Internal links in the first books do not work, you must pull up the navigation menu.

There is a choice of 3 fonts, serif, sans serif, and monospace. Seven font sizes. Easy navigation and painless library interface. No need to hook up your IQ to the PC.

Last edited by TallMomof2; 12-10-2010 at 12:29 PM.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
PocketBook: I think you should implement the same tap right part of the screen for forward, tap left for backward in the native Reader APP on the IQ. It is really *easy* to like. It is probably easy to implement. Intuitive.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I heartily dislike the swipe to turn the page and would like to see an option for a page tap.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
First time I ever used page tap was today with Cool Reader and I agree; much better than the delayed page swipe.
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Of note: with the new File Manager in the 2.0.3 update, selecting an ebook file allows you to open the book with the Overdrive reader. And, like Coolreader, you have the option to force/decline use of the ePub's embedded CSS.
Looks like a must-have for using the IQ as a reader.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Of note: with the new File Manager in the 2.0.3 update, selecting an ebook file allows you to open the book with the Overdrive reader. And, like Coolreader, you have the option to force/decline use of the ePub's embedded CSS.
Looks like a must-have for using the IQ as a reader.
Thanks for that tip!!! I am beginning to like overdrive reader.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote