Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old Today, 07:11 AM   #26221
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
Just finished The Late Show by Michael Connelly and it was a typically good Connelly book. Interesting, this was the first book by him that had a female protagonist and I think he did a very good job especially the last half of the book where things happen you didn't see coming. I'd give it four stars.
Void Moon has a female lead character.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 08:12 AM   #26222
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry, and will be for some time. Seems quite fun so far, but it's early days.

This is an actual paper book, which isn't so great when it's 950 pages long, but on the other hand the only reason I have it at all is because I saw it cheap in a charity shop.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:19 AM   #26223
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: Prince Ivan by Peter Morwood. I really liked his Clan Wars series, so I decided to get his 'Tales of Old Russia' when they had a special offer recently. Looking good so far.
And most enjoyable it was too. It has the feel of a real folk tale, but with the characters fleshed out a bit. I'm looking forward to the next two.

But first The Last Herald Mage by Mercedes Lackey. An omnibus of three books in her Valdemar setting.

I'm 2/3rd of the way through, and enjoying it so far. I'm pleased I've been buying these when they're on offer - it will be a fun series to read through in order.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:36 AM   #26224
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Finished listening to Neil deGrasse Tyson read his Astrophysics for People in a Hurry on a long drive for work today. Quite enjoyable
I was reading a Kindle sample of that this morning. Is there anything interesting for people with a fair bit of layman's knowledge of the subject already?
ReadingManiac is online now   Reply With Quote