Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
absconditus
absconditus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G & Onyx Boox N96
Question Create genre directory heirarchy with 'Save to disk'

I am trying to use Calibre to organize my ebooks into genres and subgenres. I followed these instructions to create the `genre` metadata item.

I created a `Poetry` sub-genre inside a `Literature` genre and then from `Preferences > Saving books to disk` I changed the saving template to `{#genre}/{title} - {authors}`. Then when I tried saving from here, Calibre just saved the ebook directly to the directory I had chosen without creating the directory structure I was hoping it would, i.e. `Literature > Poetry`. How can I get it to do that? Thank you.
absconditus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A couple of points:

1. Change your template to:

{#genre:re(\.,/)}/{title} - {authors}

I'm assuming from your screenshot you have your genre set up as a hierarchical column. The above template converts the period (hierarchy separator character) into a slash (directory separator character). Note that this works even on Windows, where the directory separator is a backslash.

2. Did you use Save to Disk, or Save to Disk in a Single Directory? Save to Disk is what you want. The Single Directory option will save all books to the root of the folder you choose.

Hopefully these will fix the problem.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:30 AM   #3
absconditus
absconditus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G & Onyx Boox N96
Thank you, fidvo. Once I made these changes, the directory structure Calibre created corresponded to the genres' hierarchy.
absconditus is offline   Reply With Quote