Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #31
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
thank you!

still three hours to go for the image to finish downloading
Are you on dialup? I just downloaded and wrote the 8GB image for "MarekGibek's"
Menu & Linux image for the touch. It took ~35min to write the image to an SD card, at something less than 4Mbs.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-18-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #32
rehemiau
Enthusiast
rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini
It's partially server's fault, I was downloading it more than an hour too, maybe some silent forum users are downloading it too atm?
rehemiau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #33
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Are you on dialup? I just downloaded and wrote the 8GB image for "MarekGibek's"
Menu & Linux image for the touch. It took ~35min to write the image to an SD card, at something less than 4Mbs.

Luck;
Ken
o no I am on a fast connection - I had donwloaded earlier the ubuntu and fedora images, and it took a fraction of the time - I suspected that maybe the server which hosts the file limits downloads, or something like that. But it it took rehemiau around an hour, there is something definitely weird going on today. Anyhow, "only" two hours to go now
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #34
rehemiau
Enthusiast
rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know which hosting does fab265 have, but i'll reupload the image when I get home.

Also, I'll zip it because half of the file is zeros
Old 08-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehemiau View Post
I don't know which hosting does fab265 have, but i'll reupload the image when I get home.

Also, I'll zip it because half of the file is zeros
thank you: just in case I get a glitch in the wifi (which I am now dreading!)
Old 08-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #36
rehemiau
Enthusiast

It is here, I think google's servers will be faster.
I cleared fat265's S/N, too.
enjoy.

edit: 8 years later apparently this old image may still be useful... The link expired but I've been getting requests to share the file (?) I updated the link but maybe someone else has a newer image with a newer version of the system?

edit2: someone is likely still sharing the old link. If you see this, please start sharing the new one. When I get tired of being spammed with access requests I will remove the file and someone else will need to re-share it

Last edited by rehemiau; 12-30-2021 at 11:53 AM. Reason: updated oudated link
Old 08-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #37
paola
Wizard

Quote:
It is here, I think google's servers will be faster.
I cleared fat265's S/N, too.
enjoy.
rehemiau, thanks so much, you are much faster than my download: still 9 minutes to go!

Just one final question, have you deleted fat265's S/N or replaced it with something else? Just to figure out where I should put mine.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #38
rehemiau
Enthusiast

I've replaced it with 'N705000000000'.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #39
paola
Wizard

Quote:
I've replaced it with 'N705000000000'.
beautiful, that's an easy find and replace then, thanks a lot.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #40
paola
Wizard

My baby is up and running again - thank you all for the great help!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #41
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
YAY !!!!
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #42
johopki
johopki began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You have to make sure the device is off for the factory reset to be triggered by the buttons. Hold the power slider in the off position for at least 10 seconds to make sure it is off.
I'll send you a PM.
Could I trouble you for a blank image too please? I had a very similar occurrence. Now my poor mini is dead.
johopki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote