Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Unpacking of IQ

Finally, PB602s and PB701 (IQs) arrived! Here how I unpacked my first IQ:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo11.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	61031   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.JPG
Views:	434
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	61032   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	61033   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	61034   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo5.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	61035   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo6.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	61036   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo7.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	61037   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo8.JPG
Views:	616
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	61038   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo10.JPG
Views:	1084
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	61039  
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #2
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I like the way the software looks. And what a lovely shade of blue! All the photos showed red and blue as really intense, and since I will be carrying this with me to school, I was worried about it being "too loud". Can you give us some more information on how it behaves later on?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Red, White, and Blue color choices, huh?
No black, alas.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWgaz...layer_embedded

Found an independent retailer's showing-off video for IQ and 602 on Youtube
He introduces Pocketbook IQ to his customer... it looks gorgeous... though I like rather darker red.., it's okay... The touch looks responsive.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
That's nice! I'm looking forward to receiving my own.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWgaz...layer_embedded

Found an independent retailer's showing-off video for IQ and 602 on Youtube
He introduces Pocketbook IQ to his customer... it looks gorgeous... though I like rather darker red.., it's okay... The touch looks responsive.
This video is from the first PocketBook USA store opened this week in Kansas City, MO.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The IQ performance looks good, responsiveness to the swipe paging is, as I expected, less than 100%. Resistive screens aren't really meant for those kinds of control systems.
It's too bad there aren't dedicated paging buttons as everything else looks good enough to buy, just from that video.
I'll probably still bite but I really hope there are other ways to page.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
That's nice! I'm looking forward to receiving my own.
You'll be happy to know that three different market-apps are built in with the device, so you'll surely find a proper program for your needs

Quote:
I'll probably still bite but I really hope there are other ways to page.
Like tilting the device to the sides?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
FJTORRES -

It appears that the PocketBook IQ has 3 more buttons than the PanDigital Novel. I strongly suspect that 2 of them are used for FORWARD and BACK.

Even if PocketBook did NOT map those within the eReader apps, it would not be a difficult "hack" to do it outside. Some folks did it with the volume switch on the PanDigital Novel.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #10
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pocketbook allows you to map the keys however you like in the current models. To restrict that in the IQ would be surprising to say the least.

Every time I see it the IQ becomes more and more attractive... There are very good comic viewer apps for download. I hope MangaWhat will be available as a separate .apk too.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

As I said, I'm hoping they can be mapped.
FBReader180's sensor-based paging might be an option if the sensor doesn't go to sleep like on the PB360.
And yes, it does look awfully interesting. That combination of price and software makes up for a lot...
Old 11-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #12
Logseman
Orisa

For the US it's a friggin steal.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #13
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I live in Kansas City, and I don't know about this store...

Where is it????

Pocketbook REALLY needs to work on their advertising...
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
I live in Kansas City, and I don't know about this store...

Where is it????

Pocketbook REALLY needs to work on their advertising...
Independence Center...
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/04...cal-debut.html
...as reported here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=105593
Old 11-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #15
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Independence Center

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/04...cal-debut.html
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote