Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Looks nice!

This little critter looks quite pleasing.

I've recently bought an iRiver Story, and am quite happy with it (a few firmware niggles, sadly), but if I'd been aware of the Kobo first I might well have gone that way.

My biggest issue with choosing what to buy was that I live in Australia, and almost none of these devices is sold or supported here. Buying online is all very well, but there isn't much consolation if the device turns out to be faulty, and I really think you need to get your hands on an eBook reader before settling on one -- there are some things yu can't make your choice of comfortably from just a photo on a webpage. Plus, everyone I know here who's bought a device online that had to be shipped to Australia has been charged import duties by Customs. And the things are already expensive enough!

Anyway. I expect the situation will change as the market matures and sales start to pay for the R&D. I hope we see some really impressive devices.

In the meantime, good luck to the Kobo!
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
G'Day, Mac. Good to have your company. Yep, Oz gets a rough deal when it comes to readers and the ebooks themselves. Quite a few Australian members here now, though (many with iRiver devices), who seem to be finding ways and means around the problems. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
O, feasgar math, a bhalaich! Nach e am féileadh mór agad am fear drùidhteach!
Leis gach deagh dhùrachd dhuibh fhéin, a Niall!

ie G'day mate. What a splendid kilt! All best wishes to you yourself, Neil!

What are you doing in Monaco?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote