Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 03:38 AM   #1
oddity
oddity began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook/V3
BeBook 2 and touch

I hear BeBook 2 may support touch input, but that's a feature I don't like. Do anyone knows:

1) will it be possible to disable touch input in BeBook 2 and use it as a non-touch device?

2) will BeBook 1 be still available for sale by Endless Ideas after BeBook 2 is released?
oddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
ali_sade
Enthusiast
ali_sade began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700BC, Hanlin V3
This may not seem totally related but my experience with Sony PRS 700BC and Halin V3 tells me that, the touch surface installed on the eink paper makes the contrast unacceptable. So I strongly suggest not going after touch versions.
ali_sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_sade View Post
This may not seem totally related but my experience with Sony PRS 700BC and Halin V3 tells me that, the touch surface installed on the eink paper makes the contrast unacceptable. So I strongly suggest not going after touch versions.
I have seen the touch screen version of the PVS screen used on the Hanlin and Netronix devices and it is much better than the Sony 700 so I would not agree with this opinion. While there is a slight difference it will not be noticed unless you place two units side by side.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:44 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I've seen the BeBook 2 and the BeBook 1, and I didn't think the contrast of the 2 was much lower. I've never seen the Sony though, so I've no idea how that one looks...

Oddity, I think the BeBook1 will still be available, just like you have the Sony 505 and 700 both. And I don't think you'll be able to turn it off.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
cobalt8
Enthusiast
cobalt8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone
Any idea on a release time-frame for the BeBook 2?
cobalt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert