Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
How do I find a specific thread?

I caught a remark in a thread (one of our numerous ones about DRM), to the effect that most authors don't oppose libraries, even though they lose sales because of them. I just found a quote on Goodreads about that and wanted to go back and add it to the thread - but I can't find the thread! I searched for "library" and of course got a million results. Is there a better way that I'm missing?

phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Is it this one?
Post #604

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ibrary&page=16

Quote:
And so what? What does that have to do with the moral argument here? What is the moral argument making it OK for libraries to lend books against a specific authors wishes? And why is that argument not applicable to the situation where we freely can copy a book we borrow from the library without cost and doing it very fast?

Please provide evidence in which authors, or a single author, have/has banded together in an attempt to have their works removed from libraries. Writers are typically the most vocal PROPONENTS of libraries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Good Old Neon; 04-03-2009 at 12:03 PM.

By the way... where in Illinois do you live?

Last edited by rebarnmom; 04-24-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: question added
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, rebarnmom. Yes indeed that IS the post I was referring to, thank you so much! And I live in what I think is termed North Central Illinois - directly south from Rockford, almost at the junction of 88 and 39. Are you anywhere near that? We could have an MR meetup!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I live in Mount Morris, just north of Dixon. I grew up in Rockford. I would sure love to see the Astak EZ Reader! It was one of my choices, before I got my Sony PRS-700. Know anyone else in the area?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Oh for goodness' sake... I'm in Dixon!! Yes, we definitely need to make plans!!! I know BadGoodDeb is in the Chicago area, but that's all I know of. Deb, wanna head out to the sticks sometime soon?

Shel
Advert
Old 04-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
rebarnmom
Wizard

I'm in Dixon, more than anyplace else (outside of home)! I've sort of felt alone in the "sticks" as far as eBook reading is concerned! That's amazing!!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

ROFL!! Umm... If you shop at County Market, (or shopped at Jewel in the past) we may already know each other. I work(worked) cashier and Service Desk both places. That would be too funny!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #8
rebarnmom
Wizard

Of course I shop there! That's where I found the carbonated juice that I like so much, called Switch. It's in the organics section there! I wrote about it in the thread about New Year's resolutions, as mine was giving up soda.

SMALL WORLD and getting smaller all of the time!!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Allllrightey then. PM'ing you my phone number, we SO HAVE TO GET TOGETHER!!!!

Oh, and re: County Market: I'm the short one with the Texas accent.

EDIT: N/m, LOL - you have pm's turned off? Turn 'em on temporarily and I'll send you the number.

Last edited by phenomshel; 04-26-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #10
rebarnmom
Wizard

I think I fixed the PM! Short w/Texas accent... got it!
Do you have plans for the MR donut day? It's been a long time since I had a good donut!!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #11
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

No plans as of yet for MR donut day - think we should share a dozen? And show off our readers at the same time? Oh, and yep, you fixed the PM, I sent you my number. MR meetup, here we come!!