Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Apache integration is outdated?

Hi

I am trying to integrate Calibre server to Apache installation but I hit a couple snag here. There are some paths in the python script that I do nto have with my Calibre installation on Debian. Can anyone shed some light into how to proceed with those paths?

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html

Code:
# The first entry from CALIBRE_PYTHON_PATH
sys.path.insert(0, '/home/kovid/work/calibre/src')

# CALIBRE_RESOURCES_PATH
sys.resources_location = '/home/kovid/work/calibre/resources'

# CALIBRE_EXTENSIONS_PATH
sys.extensions_location = '/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/plugins'

# Path to directory containing calibre executables
sys.executables_location = '/usr/bin'

# Path to a directory for which the server has read/write permissions
# calibre config will be stored here
os.environ['CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY'] = '/var/www/localhost/calibre-config'
I do not have plugins and src folders.

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have no clue what the debian calibre package does, going by its history, it probably completely mangles the calibre install, but, you can always get paths on a working calibre source install with

calibre-debug --paths

I would suggest you save yourself some grief and use the reverse proxy method.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #3
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I have no clue what the debian calibre package does, going by its history, it probably completely mangles the calibre install, but, you can always get paths on a working calibre source install with

calibre-debug --paths

I would suggest you save yourself some grief and use the reverse proxy method.
Hi

Thanks for your reply. However I am not able to get this reverse proxy work. it seems like a super easy setup ;( I tried httpd.conf and .htaccess(of the root of the server) methods for rewriting. I enabled the modules and made sure the right ports are used. Could there be some permission issues with Calibre or with apache?

"The requested URL /calibre/ was not found on this server."

thanks

Last edited by khahoon; 06-27-2013 at 12:38 AM.
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote