Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #16
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Great and very helpful review mos!

Thank you!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #17
Parastie
Parastie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (hopefully)
The search function is the main reason I want to get a 700. I'm a medical student, and I want to load up as many medical books as I can get into the machine, so I have access to everything no matter what class I'm in. Your demonstration of the double tap highlight/search function is exactly what I want. Thank you very much for showing that!
Parastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #18
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Thank you so much for taking time to make this review video - it really showed a lot of detail in a true way (as opposed to just a Sony video made in a studio or something)!

I am trying to decide on the Sony 700 vs. 505 vs. Kindle 1 or 2 and your video has swayed me towards the 700, for the sidelights especially since I read in bed before sleep.
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #19
ladynikon
ladynikon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Reader 3 inch
great job!
ladynikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #20
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur
DeathtoToasters began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Illiad, Sony 505
Well I have been using mine over this pass weekend. So far I love it, but do wish there was a contrast function on it. I could use the text a bit darker.

Otherwise I like it alot.
DeathtoToasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #21
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos View Post
I also wanted to show how the display and the sidelights realy look. Cause, while I was doing my research for the reader I read so many horror stories about these things and was kinda worried, since I could not try it before I ordered it.
When I got it, I thought that most of these stories are absolutly blown out of proportion.
This was a very nice review. Better than many on youtube. Thanks for going to the trouble!

As for the screen contrast, what has been said many times before is that someone coming to the 700 fresh probably won't be bothered by it. However, if you own a 505 or Kindle and go to the 700, with little or no break in between, it will seem awfully blurry by comparison. It has to do with what you are used to. Similar problems to the side lighting, because of various other lighting options people and technologies have used.

So those problems are and are not blown out of proportion, it all depends on perspective... And I'm glad that both groups get their opinions known on MobileRead so that consumers looking for advice can get both sides.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:06 AM   #22
paragme
paragme began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 505
Excellent Review. Can I ask for a favor, I have a 65KB (2 page) ebook that I would like to get a preview before buying PRS 700. Can you please load this PDF and post Pics in default "S" mode ? It will be a great help. Actually I am from INDIA and going to order PRS700 from US but if I can see how books appear it will be great.
paragme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #23
paragme

Forgot to attach the PDF

test.pdf
Old 06-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #24
jgilliam1955
jgilliam1955 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Very good review. Thanks!
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #25
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Have been away for a while and just saw all the positiv feedback. THANKS!! It was a pleasure for me, doing this little clip!

@paragme, i just loaded the pdf on my reader and made 2 pics. One in "s" setting and one in "m" setting. For my eyes the s setting is pretty small but readable, I personaly would prefer the m setting though.

The pics are not that good. I made it in my office room without good lights. Hope it helps. If not let me know, than I will take better pics.

Setting S

Setting M

mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:19 AM   #26
paragme

Thanks Mos. I ordered mine . Your review helped me a lot to choose between 505 Vs 700
Old 06-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #27
Michizzle
I'd rather be reading
Michizzle can extract oil from cheeseMichizzle can extract oil from cheeseMichizzle can extract oil from cheeseMichizzle can extract oil from cheeseMichizzle can extract oil from cheeseMichizzle can extract oil from cheeseMichizzle can extract oil from cheeseMichizzle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragme View Post
Thanks Mos. I ordered mine . Your review helped me a lot to choose between 505 Vs 700
Do you mind sharing which one you chose?
Michizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #28
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Hey Mos. Great video review. I have watched it a few times now and it has put the 700 on my short list. My wife watched it with me once as well and she decided that if I haven't bought a reader by Christmas that she was going to get me a 700 just based on your video.
So thanks a lot for all the effort and information.

Mike
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
OK. it took me way too freakin' long to figure out the "s" is for small and the "m" is for medium.....early oldtimers disease??
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #30
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I bought the 700 the first of June and really! like it; I upgraded from the 505 which I gave to a co-worker. I think the biggest improvement for the next version would be a better/stronger battery. While using the light function, the battery was sucked dry over one evening's reading. So, of course the workaround would be to turn the light on when I'm reading away from home, i.e. waiting for a bus or train at night.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs 700, review, sony, youtube