Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-24-2021, 08:54 AM   #1
johnmcd
johnmcd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Question on fetch-ebook-metadata behavior

Hi all,

I'm confused by the behavior of 'fetch-ebook-metadata' on the command line. If I run the following command:

fetch-ebook-metadata" --title "Grace Under Fire: Book Two In The Locker Nine Series" -I mobi-asin:B076FM12N3

What gets returned is the following:

Title : Grace Under Fire: Letters of Faith in Times of War
Author(s) : Andrew Carroll
Publisher : Crown Publishing Group
Tags : Literary Collections, Letters, Religion, Christian Living, Inspirational, History, Military, United States
Languages : eng
Published : 2007-03-06T12:40:00.626886+00:00
Identifiers : google:_oUpDJQQgtgC, isbn:9780385521611
Comments : ho have been tested[...]

However, if I run the fetch-ebook-metadata with the -v option, it returns info on 20+ different ebooks, including the correct one from Amazon. Can someone clarify what calibre uses as search criteria when fetching metadata in this scenario?

Thanks

John
johnmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It uses the same search criteria. One case just returns the first result from the various metadata sources the other returns them all.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
johnmcd
johnmcd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thank you (again!).
johnmcd is offline   Reply With Quote