Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-30-2021, 09:53 PM   #1
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Kindle trade-in credit

I'm wondering how the 20% trade in credit works and I'm chatting with an amazon rep now that can't explain how the 20% off works. They just don't understand that there are two aspects here, the $10 gift card for my old voyage and the 20% off the purchase of the new paperwhite.

Is that 20% applied as a gift card or is it a credit applied to the card used as payment? I would find the gift card to be much less valuable.
jkrzok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:08 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrzok View Post
I'm wondering how the 20% trade in credit works and I'm chatting with an amazon rep now that can't explain how the 20% off works. They just don't understand that there are two aspects here, the $10 gift card for my old voyage and the 20% off the purchase of the new paperwhite.

Is that 20% applied as a gift card or is it a credit applied to the card used as payment? I would find the gift card to be much less valuable.
The 20% trade-in is taken off the purchase price of your new Kindle and you can use the $10 gift card to help pay it.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2021, 11:22 PM   #3
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So two things after many hours on chat.

Perhaps I'm dumb but I don't recall that the trade in should be made before the new item is ordered. It really seemed to me to be just one transaction through and through.

Also I made two orders that day, both with the trade in. I cancelled the first to get a bundle. So I have two trade in orders, the first for the cancelled new paperwhite and the second for the bundle. The first trade in order mentions the credit, the second does not. I shipped the trade in under the second order.

So now I have a promise from someone far far away to just get the still outstanding order shipped and they will apply a 20% discount after I receive it. Should I trust them? Why not apply the discount now? Or cancel this order and apply the discount to a new order?

I can't help but feel utterly unsatisfied by this whole transaction. I'm really thinking about cancelling this order outright along with my prime membership due for renewal in November. Perhaps I'll try the chat again during US business hours and try to get some firm action taken that I can see results for. As of now I don't even have a chat transcript.
Old 09-30-2021, 11:31 PM   #4
jkrzok
Connoisseur

I contrast all this with my Samsung order from the prior week. I ordered a much more expensive cell phone with a trade in and my trade in value was applied from the get go, before I even ship my trade.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:13 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
If you pre-ordered one of the new kindles, just cancel it, and once your trade in is finished, re-order. Your discount will come off right away. That's what I did.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2021, 01:31 PM   #6
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I just took advantage of the 20% off for the 11th Gen paperwhite. Plus a trade in on my elderly Voyager (I'm going to miss those buttons, but that battery needs to be recharged about every 4 days.)

I did the trade in and must return the Voyager by Dec 5th this year to get the $10 gift card, and I got 20% off taken at checkout time. So right now, my CC is being charged $111.99. With State Tax, the total comes to $120.11.

When they receive my Voyager, I will get a $10 gift card added to my account. So, I will be out a total of $110.11. I won't return my Voyager until I receive my new PW11 and find it satisfactory.

This will be delivered on October 28, the day of the official release. Personally, I think this is a pretty good deal for a new machine, and I have no issues with the details of the offer.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:22 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I just took advantage of the 20% off for the 11th Gen paperwhite. Plus a trade in on my elderly Voyager (I'm going to miss those buttons, but that battery needs to be recharged about every 4 days.)

I did the trade in and must return the Voyager by Dec 5th this year to get the $10 gift card, and I got 20% off taken at checkout time. So right now, my CC is being charged $111.99. With State Tax, the total comes to $120.11.

When they receive my Voyager, I will get a $10 gift card added to my account. So, I will be out a total of $110.11. I won't return my Voyager until I receive my new PW11 and find it satisfactory.

This will be delivered on October 28, the day of the official release. Personally, I think this is a pretty good deal for a new machine, and I have no issues with the details of the offer.

I would have given you a lot more than 10 bucks for your VOYAGE - if the screen was fine. Changing the battery is supposed to be easier than changing socks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:27 PM   #8
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I would have given you a lot more than 10 bucks for your VOYAGE - if the screen was fine. Changing the battery is supposed to be easier than changing socks.
Ahh! If I only had $1000 for everytime I screwed something up replacing a battery that was supposed to be easy! I'd have a lot more money, and a lot of elderly electonics!

Also, "measure twice, cut once" is something that has never worked for me. I'm good lookin' but not very handy.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:39 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
He actually got more than $10. He also got an additional $28 (20%) off the new Paperwhite.

The real value in trade-ins is the 20~25% off the new device Amazon gives you.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-22-2021 at 12:56 PM.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:09 AM   #10
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrzok View Post

I took the trade in offer at the time I placed my order. Turned in a kindle (not pw) for the fabric case bundle. Here's how the trade and credit showed up on my invoice:

Item(s) Subtotal:
$169.97
Shipping & Handling:
$0.00
Kindle Trade-in:
-$33.99
-----
Total before tax:
$135.98
Estimated tax to be collected:
$11.83
Gift Card Amount:
-$20.00
-----
Grand Total:
$127.81

I'd say when you do your order check the invoice, if it doesn't reflect the discount/credit, cancel and try again. I was given over a month to send in my trade. AZ got it last week and sent a confirmation email that it met their specs. Considering I paid $50 for the Kindle several years ago I'm happy with the trade.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote