Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-16-2021, 04:37 AM   #376
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I wanted to get the original dates too.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 03:23 AM   #377
Brump_8
Brump_8 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre 5.38
i installed the GetFileName addon
BUT
...and now? there is no explanation how it works?!?!?
i mean step by step...

thanks in advance
Brump_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2022, 04:09 AM   #378
Brump_8
Brump_8 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre 5.38
ah, somehow, i could install a new column that shows the filename, good!

now the question is:
when i convert (for instance) an EPUB file into a PDF file, how can i save it using the original filename (without the extension of course)?!

thanks in advance
Brump_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 05:15 AM   #379
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brump_8 View Post
ah, somehow, i could install a new column that shows the filename, good!

now the question is:
when i convert (for instance) an EPUB file into a PDF file, how can i save it using the original filename (without the extension of course)?!

thanks in advance
Moderator Notice
Please don't double post (post the same message in multiple forums).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:37 PM   #380
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brump_8 View Post
now the question is:

thanks in advance
By including the custom column in which getfilename is storing the original file name in the Preferences->Save to disk->Save template.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2022, 01:46 PM   #381
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi,

Any books that go through the temp folder for import before hitting Calibre have the date as today and the original file path as that temp folder.

I have been using a much older version of Calibre Portable for the importing of books because this problem happened when Calibre updated to 4.0 and I didn't like that. However, my old DeDRM plugin which always worked for that version of Calibre stopped working for "reasons" and now I am forced to import books using the newest version of Calibre - but the get file name won't show the correct dates and file paths. Is there a fix or something I can show you to hopefully get this working? Only EPUB files manage to keep their proper filepaths and dates.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:38 PM   #382
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Hi,

Any books that go through the temp folder for import before hitting Calibre have the date as today and the original file path as that temp folder.

I have been using a much older version of Calibre Portable for the importing of books because this problem happened when Calibre updated to 4.0 and I didn't like that. However, my old DeDRM plugin which always worked for that version of Calibre stopped working for "reasons" and now I am forced to import books using the newest version of Calibre - but the get file name won't show the correct dates and file paths. Is there a fix or something I can show you to hopefully get this working? Only EPUB files manage to keep their proper filepaths and dates.
Hi, I'll try to check it as soon as I can, but I'm not sure when. Which type of files have you tested? Mobi? AZW? PDF? All of them?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:39 PM   #383
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I can confirm it's been happening a while; post #361 has a debug log.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:47 PM   #384
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I have tested mobi, azw, epub, txt, pdf, zip, azw3, doc

only txt, doc, pdf and zip are correct. The others seem to do what it did in the past.

It started for me in Feb 2022

I know it has to do with the DeDRM because it stopped working a bit ago but I didn't realize it because the books were still opening. I just updated to the newest version of the plugin and the latest version of Get file name.

Last edited by Rellwood; 06-02-2022 at 04:58 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:56 AM   #385
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre 6 and Qt6

While doing some other plugin testing with the calibre 6 beta, I saw this plugin was not loading. As I found that distracting from the errors I was looking for, I fixed it. This version appears to work with both calibre v5 and the latest beta of calibre v6.

And I have also fixed the problem with getting the original file date. I personally don't use that, but, I realised an error I was seeing in the logs was the trigger for this. This was related to the difference in how strings are handled in the different Python versions.

@Terisa: The Qt6 fix was a very lazy change for me. I simply replaced the common_utils.py in the plugin with the one from the Count Pages plugin. I did some cleanup of that earlier in the year to get it working with Qt6. It is very different to the version you had, but, I do not think there is anything missing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GetFileName-beta.zip (27.9 KB, 83 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 12:50 PM   #386
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Thank you very much davidfor.
It works perfectly with Calibre beta 6.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 03:59 PM   #387
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
While doing some other plugin testing with the calibre 6 beta, I saw this plugin was not loading. As I found that distracting from the errors I was looking for, I fixed it. This version appears to work with both calibre v5 and the latest beta of calibre v6.

And I have also fixed the problem with getting the original file date. I personally don't use that, but, I realised an error I was seeing in the logs was the trigger for this. This was related to the difference in how strings are handled in the different Python versions.

@Terisa: The Qt6 fix was a very lazy change for me. I simply replaced the common_utils.py in the plugin with the one from the Count Pages plugin. I did some cleanup of that earlier in the year to get it working with Qt6. It is very different to the version you had, but, I do not think there is anything missing.
Thank you very much, I've got a problem now called: work from 8 to 9 with computer, so I don't spend a lot of time with it out of work. I'll update the release version tomorrow.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 07-11-2022 at 05:08 AM.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:08 AM   #388
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Plugin updated (Thank you, davidfor)
Old 08-02-2022, 03:02 AM   #389
Fynjisx
Connoisseur
Fynjisx began at the beginning.

Device: xiaomi
how to work with Getfile name plugin?

how to work with Getfilename plugin?
Fynjisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 04:31 AM   #390
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Post #1 of plugins threads usually has the Instructions (true for this PI) and the released version (test versions may appear any place) of a Plugin.

This PI only works during the initial ADD phase. It does not do anything for any existing books ALREADY in THE LIBRARY.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin