Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
trekky0623
trekky0623 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Invisible Collections

Hi. I'm running firmware 5.3.9. From the home screen, there doesn't seem to be any collections. Yet, when I try to create certain collections, like "Harry Potter," it tells me there's already a collection with that name. I can create other collections just fine and they show up, but it seems that there are certain collections made that aren't appearing. They also don't show up in Collections Manager, and using the option to delete all collections doesn't seem to help.

How do I get rid of these pesky collections? Either that or make them visible again?
trekky0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@trekky0623: There's a setting in CM to show hidden collections, and a button to hide/unhide stuff from the Homescreen.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #3
trekky0623

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@trekky0623: There's a setting in CM to show hidden collections, and a button to hide/unhide stuff from the Homescreen.
No dice. I checked "Show invisible items in Home," and they still don't appear. I tried restarting, nothing. The only collection I can see is "Dictionaries," but I know there are about 5 others there from it not letting me name new collections.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
trekky0623

I've also tried deleting the collections.json file to no avail.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Double check your filtering settings in CM, but I guess the best way to understand what's happening would be to look at a dump of the collections db (/var/local/cc.db).

The json db is only used by CM for its sync with Calibre features, the Kindle system doesn't care about it.
Advert
Old 06-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
trekky0623

Okay, I've figured it out. The collections were stored on the cloud for some reason, so I had to select "Cloud" to see them. Kind of stupid, in my opinion... but whatever. I got it fixed.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Wait. Are you sure you're on 5.3.9? I thought the Cloud Collection crap^Wthingy was since 5.4.2?