Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #226
nimblebooks
Enthusiast
nimblebooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
pilotbob, Leep and I have been working a project and we need some beta testers.

KindlePID Vista
KindlePID XP
KindlePID Mac

EDIT:
What about Windows 7? (which is what I run ...)
nimblebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #227
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clytie View Post
I followed the Install Mobi2Mobi Mac instructions (using the latest version of jpegsrc). jpeg-8b installed correctly. gd-2.0.36RC1 installed correctly. CPAN had a lovely time packratting code all over my disk. The symlinks were created.
I have found a much easier way to do all this... using macports. I posted it in the forum somewhere... I will have to find it and update the Wiki some day. Sorry you had issues with it.

Yes, there is a way to get the PID from the iPhone/iPod Touch and use Kindle books pulls from it to liberate. I'm sorry I can't give you steps to do it, we don't allow that in the forum.

But, look around and you will find a tread about it. Or maybe some kinds soul will PM you with help.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #228
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Problem: I bought a Kindle (.azw) ebook for my husband, assuming you could read Kindle ebooks on Linux. Oddly enough, you can't.
It may be possible to install Kindle for PC under Linux using Wine (configured for the oldest Windows allowed).

The latest versions of kindlepid handle iPhone's, and to remove the DRM you need mobidedrm. The best single summary of DRM issues is at Apprentice Alf's Blog. Its first post include a "tools" bundle with many up to date scripts and easy to use GUI wrappers.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:55 AM   #229
Clytie
Bookworm
Clytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it is

Device: iPad2
I think my current problems are that I'm trying to convert an .azw from the Kindle for Mac location (~/Documents/My Kindle Content) using the Kindle for iPhone PID. I don't know how to get the Kindle for Mac PID, or to convert from an iPhone backup file (.mmdata). I will keep on searching, and I do hope someone kindly PM's me!

It worries me that these Kindle books are so difficult to manage as data. Will future changes leave us with unreadable books we've already purchased?
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #230
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think my current problems are that I'm trying to convert an .azw from the Kindle for Mac location (~/Documents/My Kindle Content) using the Kindle for iPhone PID. I don't know how to get the Kindle for Mac PID, or to convert from an iPhone backup file (.mmdata). I will keep on searching, and I do hope someone kindly PM's me!
That's certainly the problem. There are two ways to get the files of your iPhone so you can use its PID. Either jailbreak it which will give you direct access or check out the iPhone Backup Extractor which will let you pull files out of an iPhone backup file.

BOb
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #231
Clytie
Bookworm
Clytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it isClytie knows what time it is

Device: iPad2
Thanks, pilotbob. I did eventually get iPhone Backup Extractor and work the whole thing out. Talk about unnecessarily complex procedures! But it worked.

BTW, if your username is literal, my husband is also a pilot: power and glider, and he used to fly hang-gliders. He has a commercial licence, but never really found enough work in flying. It's great gliding territory around here.
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #232
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
BTW, if your username is literal, my husband is also a pilot: power and glider, and he used to fly hang-gliders. He has a commercial licence, but never really found enough work in flying. It's great gliding territory around here.
Yes, I have a private ticket. But, I haven't exercised the privileges since 1995 or so. It is very expensive. But, I hope to get back into it once my kids are done with school and I can start spending some more money on me.

BOb

Tags
kindle visual guide, kindlefix, kindlepid, mobi2mobi, mobi2mobi gui