Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #31
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Love the clear function in addition to disable/enable -- nice! Thanks!
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:38 AM   #33
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you indeed because I can omit the popup now ! (It appeared always, no by request)
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:18 AM   #34
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Another request/comment on the search history Kovid:

It's all well and good having a "recent find" or "recent replace" history, but is there any way that this list could be sorted? Say for example, most recent first? If the list is currently sorted, I cannot figure out how it is sorted.

Thanks
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:40 AM   #35
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
Deleting some entries in the search history

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Since the history list is sorted by most-recently-used entries, those that you would want to delete should naturally just drop of the list with time. So I dont really see the point of deleting entries.
I'm working on some pretty bad epub structure. That result with 10 or 15 variations of a similar search (ex including or not some <i> or <b> or some <span> or some <b><i> vs <i><b> etc.) which encumbered the search history. Being able to delete some of those entries in the search history (and the replace history) would be a plus.
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:52 PM   #36
Solo1959
Connoisseur
Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle 5th gen, and many in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Under the Covers View Post
Using the stand-alone capability of the Editor, I edit a fair number of books, but the drop-down lists (history) in the Find and Replace fields just get in my way, although I recognize that others may find this helpful.

What I would really like is to be able to set a preference to *not* remember contents of the Find and Replace fields -- also workable would be a quick and easy way (button?) to delete prior searches as I work. Is this possible? (It would be great to have this capability in the stand-alone Viewer, as well, but not as critical there.)

Kovid, I absolutely *love* the work you've done on the Editor, and I only wish I could support your work more substantively than I can -- but should my ship come in, you're on my short list.
I think there is already a way to do this. I right click on the search box and get the option to disable search history. It will still be there if you DO click the arrow, but it won't pop up everytime you search. You need to do this for both boxes.
Solo1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:35 AM   #37
jiembe
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1959 View Post
I think there is already a way to do this. I right click on the search box and get the option to disable search history. It will still be there if you DO click the arrow, but it won't pop up everytime you search. You need to do this for both boxes.
I don't have this option when I right click in the Editor search box only does:
Clear search history
Enable completion based on search history
Save current search
Show saved searches
Old 07-19-2020, 07:43 AM   #38
Solo1959
Connoisseur
Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Solo1959 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle 5th gen, and many in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiembe View Post
I don't have this option when I right click in the Editor search box only does:
Clear search history
Enable completion based on search history
Save current search
Show saved searches
Yes! That is it right there. The option "Enable completion based on search history" For me, clicking that toggles the option on and off.

In your current state where it reads "Enable completion based on search history" there should be no pop-up of previous searches. This option must be selected individually for both the "Find" and "Replace" boxes.

Now, just because something is 'supposed to work' doesn't necessarily mean anything, but the option is there and for me, it does work. Previous searches are still available if I click the arrow, but they don't pop-up automatically for me.

Sorry if this isn't a help to you.
Solo1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:46 AM   #39
jiembe
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1959 View Post
Yes! That is it right there. The option "Enable completion based on search history" For me, clicking that toggles the option on and off.

In your current state where it reads "Enable completion based on search history" there should be no pop-up of previous searches. This option must be selected individually for both the "Find" and "Replace" boxes.

Now, just because something is 'supposed to work' doesn't necessarily mean anything, but the option is there and for me, it does work. Previous searches are still available if I click the arrow, but they don't pop-up automatically for me.

Sorry if this isn't a help to you.
Thanks anyway. But my inconvenience is not in the pop-up completion which I don't use but the to many obsolete items in the search list itself mixed up with those still useful .