Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
kl_0
kl_0 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Question Any suggestions for organization?

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has found a good way of creating a "to read" list on calibre. When looking for a new book to read, I'd love to be able to just go to that list to pick a new one instead of sorting through my whole library.

I don't want to use the staring system, because I use that to rate my books.

Even a simple "read" or "unread" checkbox might be useful so you can quickly sort through read and unread books. How do I submit suggestions to the lovely creator of Calibre?

Thanks,

K
kl_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Why don't you just use tags? I have a 'done' tag (I don't use 'read' because then books tagged 'Mobile Read' come up too) and you can just filter those out using the browser.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
Knipfty
Enthusiast
Knipfty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Kindle PC/Kindle BB
Add a tag Queued. So you know you have it queued up and ready to go.
Once read, I add a tag "Read 2010"; last year it was "Read 2009".
Knipfty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Tag the ones that are new with something - unread, new etc. When you want an unread book, click on the luggage tag on lower left and then click on the tag you chose. Only the new books will show up. When finished, click it again to return to the normal view. You just have to remember to remove the tag when you read the book.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Use tags: Avoid (partial) words that might exist in normal tag use.
2R3ad <digits sort to the top
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert