Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #61
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
It's the first time I've ever seen this from Amazon, though regrettably it is probably now the rule rather than the exception for many companies.

Has anyone else come across this in Amazon correspondence? I hope it's not the start of a trend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I haven't. Their replies usually make sense even if it isn't perfect, it's never been jumbled like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7
I've seen this before on chat and on the phone. I've also seen it in emails too, but it's never been about something as expensive as this, so I've ignored it.

I also read recently the Amazon is going to 50,000 people in a short period of time. I hope they're trained better.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #62
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
IMO, Purple Lady should get some sort of compensation. They sent her the wrong item the first time, honest mistake, maybe. Than they sent her the wrong item a second time. Honest mistake? Hoping Purple Lady will go away quietly? Wasting Purple Lady's time because it is easier than doing the correct thing. And they double bill her and lie about the reason why?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2017, 10:51 AM   #63
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
It's not just the grammar, it's the content as well. They said that I was charged for the replacement because I took too long to return the original phone. Since I was charged for the replacement the very same day I received the original phone, they are just making stuff up or they are incompetent investigators.

The rep I talked to the first time placed a new order for me and he is the one who charged me for it. This guy looks like employee of the month compared to the rest of them.
They said you were charged for the second phone because they had not received the original one back yet. Not that you did anything wrong.
That is standard practice to keep people from keeping both objects.

As to compensation, I do know what the word means but unless you were hurt, lost major money, or out considerable time then sorry you probably won't get much more than the promised sale price.

Oh and those phones are out of stock until August 9.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #64
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
IMO, Purple Lady should get some sort of compensation. They sent her the wrong item the first time, honest mistake, maybe. Than they sent her the wrong item a second time. Honest mistake? Hoping Purple Lady will go away quietly? Wasting Purple Lady's time because it is easier than doing the correct thing. And they double bill her and lie about the reason why?
Did she say she got the wrong phone or that the phone wouldn't work for her?
If she put not and work anywhere in her original message, that may have been all the key words the person taking the complaint understood.

I once called DISH to ask if a second receiver cost extra. The woman on the other end kept saying ok I take your receiver. I promptly asked for an American. The next thing I heard was hola. I asked if the new woman spoke English. She said yes and told me that the customer service representative had put I needed a Spanish speaking person.
I asked my question. She said yes there is a charge. I said ok thank you. We got off the phone.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #65
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Compensation is usually at the company's discretion. I don't think your suppose to ask for it. I agree the only thing Purple Lady is entitled to ask for is the phone at the sale price that is on her original receipt.

Amazon is usually good at making things right. Sometimes they give compensation but sometimes they don't. I don't think it's right to ask for it though.

Earlier this year I ordered a pizza from Papa John's when I picked up that pizza a fight in the kitchen broke out between the prep girl and cook. When I got home I found in my pizza a jagged piece of hard plastic. I contacted them and all the owner did was give me my money back. If anyone deserved compensation it was me. Needless to say they lost my business because the owner handled this poorly. Never did I ask for more than my money back but there was no apologies, no remorse for having to watch two employees attack one another.

Now later we ordered two meals from Culver's they forgot a fry. When I called them to ask about my fry they replaced the entire ordered without asking and apologized. Now they are one of my favorite places.

I gave those two examples to show in both instances that it was up to the company to make it right. All I could do was bring the problem to their attention.

Sent from my Nexus 7
We once had an order at a chicken place get messed up. They had forgot one item. We discovered it when we got home. We called the place back and the manager asked for our address since we were too far out to drive back into town for one little item so he could compensate us. We figured he was going to mail us a gift card. About 40 minutes later, there was a knock on the door. The guy had our entire order+ whatever had been left out of the first one and our money back. We lived 20 minutes outside of town.
Advert
Old 08-01-2017, 11:17 AM   #66
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
They said you were charged for the second phone because they had not received the original one back yet. Not that you did anything wrong.
That is standard practice to keep people from keeping both objects.

As to compensation, I do know what the word means but unless you were hurt, lost major money, or out considerable time then sorry you probably won't get much more than the promised sale price.

Oh and those phones are out of stock until August 9.
Maybe being charged for a replacement happens to you, but it had never happened to me before. They could also check the tracking number on the return label they sent me to see that I sent it back on the very day I received it. I don't return much, but I get my refund as soon as Amazon receives confirmation from UPS that the package is on the way.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #67
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I posted another revision in the OP. Please tell me it looks good now.

But if it doesn't you can tell me that too.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #68
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did she say she got the wrong phone or that the phone wouldn't work for her?
You tell me. I know how I interpreted what she posted.
Quote:
... If she put not and work anywhere in her original message, that may have been all the key words the person taking the complaint understood.
All the more reason to compensate the customer for pawning her off on a sub-standard CS.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2017, 11:43 AM   #69
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
I've had similar problem, but I changed my mind about the phone storage. Cancelled original order, and re-ordered the same phone with 32G of storage. I sent phone back in box with printed label as requested. It got hung up in a warehouse somewhere other than where it was supposed to go. I eventually got the order and the right phone. Someone in shipping read the address label wrong and Amazon admitted it when they found the returned item.

What I do if I think there might be a problem is - I order on the computer, not just any device. I have a printer hooked up, and I print and also keep a print screen pic in digital format. Any problems, it's right there on Amazon's page with Amazon's URL.

I print receipts for most questioned items anyway. If I order a book from Baen, I simply save the order and the email that states the order and payment on the computer. Can double check on credit card postings.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #70
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Maybe being charged for a replacement happens to you, but it had never happened to me before. They could also check the tracking number on the return label they sent me to see that I sent it back on the very day I received it. I don't return much, but I get my refund as soon as Amazon receives confirmation from UPS that the package is on the way.
Then you are one of the lucky ones. I once had a package not be delivered because it was damaged in transit. 3 weeks later I called and they refunded immediately.
Other times, I have had to return something and even though I know UPS picked it up at 330, it was sometimes 2 days before I got the refund.

Hey on that phone, you said it was a $500 phone. Oh yes, they want it in their hands before refunding the money. They have to make sure you didn't ship them back a cheap phone. UPS doesn't tell Amazon if the box has ever been opened.
There is probably a price guideline as to refund when UPS picks up or when they get the item back.
I know if I was in business, I would do that.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #71
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
You tell me. I know how I interpreted what she posted.

All the more reason to compensate the customer for pawning her off on a sub-standard CS.
I know how I did too, but I am a native English speaker not just trained to listen for key words.
Let's say I am a customer service representative 3 days after prime day. Calls and emails are coming in hot and heavy. I am working emails.

"Hi I ordered this unlocked phone on this date. I received this tmobile phone. It won't work for me."

This is especially true if the email is long.

Quick glance won't work. Send replacement.
Onto next email.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:06 PM   #72
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Then you are one of the lucky ones. I once had a package not be delivered because it was damaged in transit. 3 weeks later I called and they refunded immediately.
Other times, I have had to return something and even though I know UPS picked it up at 330, it was sometimes 2 days before I got the refund.

Hey on that phone, you said it was a $500 phone. Oh yes, they want it in their hands before refunding the money. They have to make sure you didn't ship them back a cheap phone. UPS doesn't tell Amazon if the box has ever been opened.
There is probably a price guideline as to refund when UPS picks up or when they get the item back.
I know if I was in business, I would do that.
I've returned expensive items before, Amazon does this as a courtesy. If you send back a cheaper item, they will simply charge you for it.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:14 PM   #73
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I purchased an LG G6 US997 factory unlocked model on prime day for $449 and received the LG G6 H872 model instead which is the Tmobile version. I received the same Tmobile phone again as a replacement. I was also charged $557 for the replacement, which was a higher price than I originally paid. I have also now been refunded for the original purchase even though I did not request it. I have been told that I must purchase at the higher price if I want the phone. All I had wanted was to receive the correct phone at the price I paid for it. The details are as described below. The original Order number is*111-2949663-1393040.
I would condense this opening section a bit, leaving out some of the specifics since you detail them day by day later. Something like this:

I ordered an LG G6 US997 factory unlocked model on prime day for $449 and received the wrong model phone, which I returned for a replacement. Despite repeated interactions with Amazon customer service, I still haven't been able to receive the phone I ordered at the price in effect when I ordered it. The original order number is 111-2949663-1393040.

Here are the details of my repeated attempts to resolve the issue.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #74
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I know how I did too, but I am a native English speaker not just trained to listen for key words.
Let's say I am a customer service representative 3 days after prime day. Calls and emails are coming in hot and heavy. I am working emails.

"Hi I ordered this unlocked phone on this date. I received this tmobile phone. It won't work for me."

This is especially true if the email is long.

Quick glance won't work. Send replacement.
Onto next email.
Like I said, sub-standard customer service.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:18 PM   #75
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha o View Post
I've had similar problem, but I changed my mind about the phone storage. Cancelled original order, and re-ordered the same phone with 32G of storage. I sent phone back in box with printed label as requested. It got hung up in a warehouse somewhere other than where it was supposed to go. I eventually got the order and the right phone. Someone in shipping read the address label wrong and Amazon admitted it when they found the returned item.

What I do if I think there might be a problem is - I order on the computer, not just any device. I have a printer hooked up, and I print and also keep a print screen pic in digital format. Any problems, it's right there on Amazon's page with Amazon's URL.

I print receipts for most questioned items anyway. If I order a book from Baen, I simply save the order and the email that states the order and payment on the computer. Can double check on credit card postings.
It doesn't matter how you order from Amazon - all your orders are always on the website. I always check right after I order to make sure it's correct. And yeah, they could have a problem on their website after I checked, but if I had to print what I buy from Amazon I'd run out of ink and paper pretty quickly. :-)

I have a lot of items in my monthly subscribe and save, and just a lot of other stuff too. That's another reason this is pissing me off - I spend a lot of money at Amazon.