Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

View Poll Results: Who would use an author first,last name switch shortcut?
I would like the ability. 7 70.00%
I don't need this. 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2014, 02:01 AM   #1
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Shortcut to switch Author Name First, Last or Last, First help or suggestion

GOAL:
Files import differently depending on what you use. I've done all I can with the tweaking of importing names and such.
I'm surprised there isn't a simple "switch first, last" box in the edit window(s) whether for one file or multiple files.
There are already "Automatically set author sort" and "Swap title and author" fields. This would be a perfect and highly helpful addition

ex: imports as Doe, Jane
Want: Jane Doe

I cannot know the original file settings so I cannot know how it will import so I want to be able to tell it to simply switch the two words. I know it doesn't work with everything, but those are the minority which can be handled individually. Currently, I have to edit each entry individually when the authors are all different!

Any help or a way to offer this as a highly suggest update to Calibre?
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:26 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Have a look at the Quality Check and Quick Preferences plugins. Quality Check has ways to find authors like this and fix them. Quick Preferences allows you create and quickly change between different expressions for adding books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2014, 02:24 AM   #3
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Excellent - problem solved

" Aug 15th, 2014 02:26 AM
davidfor Have a look at the Quality Check and Quick Preferences plugins. Quality Check has ways to find authors like this and fix them. Quick Preferences allows you create and quickly change between different expressions for adding books. "

Thank you for the recommendations.
The Quality Check plug-in does exactly what I need. It takes a few extra menus to navigate, but it's worth it. That is a wonderful plug-in.
You've just saved me hours - literally.

Thank again!
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author name