Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #421
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Probably not an author I'd be willing to spend time on myself. I find his work terribly hard going, and I have a long list of authors for whom I'd rather create eBooks. Sorry!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #422
Rajmahid
Enthusiast
Rajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with othersRajmahid plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Probably not an author I'd be willing to spend time on myself. I find his work terribly hard going, and I have a long list of authors for whom I'd rather create eBooks. Sorry!
Sorry FMF is hard going for you; highbrow 20th Century lit may be a bit much for some, but this is definitely worth the effort.

Fortunately, I just discovered some .txt versions of this wonderful novel (at least the first 3 of the 4 books). I'll have a go at it and share when they're in very good & readable shape.

But thanks anyway...
Rajmahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 01:16 AM   #423
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks. Good luck with your project!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:51 AM   #424
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Monkey, or Journey to the West

I am trying desperately find the etext of a English translation of Monkey, or Journey to the West. (The Chinese version would be nice for the general readership of MobileRead too.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_West
I want to follow the adventures of Monkey, Tripitaka, Pigsy, Sandy and Horse!
There was a really campy version of Monkey on television I remember very well:
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:55 AM   #425
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I am trying desperately find the etext of a English translation of Monkey, or Journey to the West. (The Chinese version would be nice for the general readership of MobileRead too.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_West
PDF version ... filched from that wiki link you posted....

Last edited by Jellby; 02-26-2011 at 03:12 AM. Reason: fixed markup
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #426
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
PDF version ... filched from that wiki link you posted....
Missed it
Thankyou!
Now to convert to EPUB..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #427
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Missed it
Thankyou!
Now to convert to EPUB..
No need to convert it, as it's already available on http://www.munseys.com (successor to www.blackmask.com where that .pdf version was posted to originally).

You can find it in several ebook formats including .epub here!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #428
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Would it be possible to have an illustrated version of Gulliver's Travels in lrf please?

BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #429
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Would it be possible to have an illustrated version of Gulliver's Travels in lrf please?

If there is (I've not looked) an ePub edition on MR, give it a convert with Calibre and see how it comes out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #430
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the heads-up JS!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:07 AM   #431
BookCat
C L J

Me again! Would it be possible for some nice dedicated uploader (she does lots of buttering-up ) to create an lrf version of Henry Fielding's "Joseph Andrews" please?

They have it at ManyBooks, but their formatting isn't as nice as the formatting here.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #432
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I'll give it a go. Strangely, this site doesn't seem to have the novel in any version. Later in the week, at a guess.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #433
BookCat
C L J

Seems like no one has requested anything for ages. Thanks for the Fielding!

I've been looking for diaries and came across "The Diary of a Goose Girl" by Kate Douglas Wiggin on Manybooks. Unfortunately, the illustrations are only described.

I would be really grateful if someone would create an Lrf version, or one easily converted to Lrf, with the illustrations.

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #434
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Ok, I'll have a stab at it. Might take a couple of weeks, though.
EDIT:
Or maybe not - The Project Gutenberg version has the illustrations already :-)

Last edited by SBT; 02-15-2012 at 05:30 AM.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #435
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Seems like no one has requested anything for ages. Thanks for the Fielding!

I've been looking for diaries and came across "The Diary of a Goose Girl" by Kate Douglas Wiggin on Manybooks. Unfortunately, the illustrations are only described.

I would be really grateful if someone would create an Lrf version, or one easily converted to Lrf, with the illustrations.

Thanks.
Using my freeware GuteBook program and supplying just "1867" (the PG EText-No.), I was able to quickly generate the attached .lrf ebook version.

As calibre support for .lrf has waned in recent years, please check that it is functional. If so, then I will upload it as well as other formats to our MR ebookk library (btw, .epub, .mobi, and my own .imp versions were created at the same time as the .lrf version was created).

After GuteBook is properly set-up, it's quiet easy to "roll" your own ebook versions anytime! However, making it error-free (presentation-wise) ebooks first off is another matter and does take some html code knowledge and/or ebook creation/tweaking skills.

Enjoy!

EDIT: attachment moved to E-Book Uploads .LRF library here. Other formats (.mobi, .epub and .imp) posted as well!

Previous downloads: 5

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-21-2012 at 12:15 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote