Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
TOC not working on my BeBook

What might be the cause when TOC is not working on BeBook but works fine on ADE?

I created ePub file manually so something might not be correct but I have no idea what. Here is the ePub file if you wish to investigate it:

http://www.majgaj.com/test.epub

Thanks for you help!

ps. I am working on a txt2epub file convertion, so this is the first problem I stumbled upon with this project so far
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could it be that content.opf file has following line:

<item href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" id="ncx"/>

epubcheck application tells me that media-type 'application/x-dtbncx+xml' is non-standard with fallback. Could this be why the TOC is not working on BeBook?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I can't open your ebook.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You should not include "ncx" and "logo" in the <spine>, only in the <manifest>, and titlepage.xhtml is missing in the .epub.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
spaze
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I can't open your ebook.
What are you trying to open it with?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
spaze
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
You should not include "ncx" and "logo" in the <spine>, only in the <manifest>, and titlepage.xhtml is missing in the .epub.
I uploaded a new version with the corrections. The titlepage.xhtml is mandatory?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaze View Post
What are you trying to open it with?
calibre
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
spaze
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
calibre
At least this new version opens up beautifully with my Calibre, now I only have to test out with BeBook. Just a second please...
Old 08-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #9
spaze
Addict

No, with BeBook I can open the TOC but when I select any chapter it takes about 15 seconds, then the text "Please wait..." appears for a second and then I go to first page.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
spaze
Addict

With Calibre and ADE works just fine...
Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaze View Post
The titlepage.xhtml is mandatory?
It's not "mandatory", but you have it referenced in the <manifest> and <spine>, yet the file is nowhere to be found.

Maybe the BeBook does not support toc entries with # fragments?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #12
spaze
Addict

Other ePub files that I have downloaded from here do have TOC with # and they work well. I took the sample from those files and worked my own converter.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #13
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
The toc works fine on my 505
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 AM   #14
spaze
Addict

Created a new test.epub file, can you guys have a look at it? I just don't seem to get this working. The TOC on my ADE is fine, but the pages don't work, I only see one blank page and the page count is 1/0.

http://www.majgaj.com/test.epub