Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 05:39 AM   #1
Mr.Shortstop
Mr.Shortstop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch 2.0, All-New Kindle
Light Icon missing?

Hi All,

I've just noticed from User Guide that there should be Light Icon on my Kobo Touch 2.0 Home Screen Icons for adjusting the screen brightness and colour temperature.

I have no idea why it missing. Is it because of the firmware? (i did upgrading to 4.6.9995 manually)

Does anyone experienced the same problem?
Mr.Shortstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:15 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no color temperature adjustment for your device. Only the KA1 and H2O2 have such.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:32 AM   #3
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Touch 2.0 don't have a light icon becouse is dousn't have this feature, it dousn't have LEDs build in.

If it writen in the user guide, ‫it clearly a mistake.

Last edited by oren64; 10-18-2017 at 06:35 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:16 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Kobo Touch 2.0 don't have a light icon becouse is dousn't have this feature, it dousn't have LEDs build in.

If it writen in the user guide, ‫it clearly a mistake.
Most likely the wrong user guide.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Most likely the wrong user guide.
No, I had a look, and it is there. There is a table in the section describing the home screen. It has the light icon in the table with a brief description. I also had a look at the user guide for the Glo HD. It has the same table and the light description includes mentions of changing the colour. Someone has been lazy and not edited the table properly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:55 AM   #6
Mr.Shortstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Someone has been lazy and not edited the table properly.
It seems so

Now it's kinda funny. I decided to write to them and their first response was thought i'm having a wrong UG as well since my device definitely don't come with such feature, and insist me to point out which version i'm currently read. So i gave 'em the link....to their own website!!

I even gave the picture taken from my phone to showed them the table from my UG.

They said they're gonna fix it soon, and credited me $5 for telling them about this issue

too bad actually, i was hoping to find a way to solving my screen contrast issue -perhaps i'm gonna start new thread about this-, and thought this 'feature' (if truly exist) could be the answer.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:13 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shortstop View Post
It seems so

Now it's kinda funny. I decided to write to them and their first response was thought i'm having a wrong UG as well since my device definitely don't come with such feature, and insist me to point out which version i'm currently read. So i gave 'em the link....to their own website!!

I even gave the picture taken from my phone to showed them the table from my UG.

They said they're gonna fix it soon, and credited me $5 for telling them about this issue

too bad actually, i was hoping to find a way to solving my screen contrast issue -perhaps i'm gonna start new thread about this-, and thought this 'feature' (if truly exist) could be the answer.
The way to solve your contrast issue is to buy an H2O2.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:18 AM   #8
Mr.Shortstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The way to solve your contrast issue is to buy an H2O2.
Now that you mention about it, it crossed my mind.
Thanks for the input, i think i'll consider it.