Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thumbs up The Best Small Fictions 2017

My review of The Best Small Fictions 2017 is up a Goodreads

"Review of The Best Small Fictions 2017

I was so excited to get the opportunity to review an early release of The Best Small Fictions 2017 edited by Amy Hempel (One of favorite sentence makers! Get her Collected Stories right now!) and Tara L. Masih. And thanks to Braddock Avenue Books for taking the reins to publish this third volume of the anthology which I’ve been loving since before the first one. I LOVE Flash and Microfiction and was very pleased to find several wonderful pieces of Microfiction in this edition!

In fact I’ll stick my neck right out and say that my choice for the best story in the book is What Remains by Robert Scotellaro. My god what an amazing piece of work that captures all our lives, right here, right now; our fears, our hopes, our delights in a perfect little 100 word gem. Amazing!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho..._review_page=1

Last edited by kennyc; 07-08-2017 at 03:20 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #2
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just to be clear I have no incentive financial or otherwise tied to this beyond my love of Flash Fiction.

Just wanted to let those interested know, this anthology is now available from Amazon.

I've posted my review there as well as at Goodreads.

This is a wonderful third annual release! Chock full of Nuts ...Um..ah...Chock full of wonderful stories. I've loved all three annual editions but this one might just by a hair edge the others out. More detail in my review. Get it Read it! Enjoy it!

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Small-Fi.../dp/B0756XNZVX

Old 09-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have to disagree that these stories are the best small fictions. Whenever best (or some other similar wording) is used, it's usually not the best. Besides, what's best to one is not best to another.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have to disagree that these stories are the best small fictions. Whenever best (or some other similar wording) is used, it's usually not the best. Besides, what's best to one is not best to another.

I guess it's sort of like saying [something] is bad, when actually what someone should say is this: "In my opinion...[something] is bad." And then go on to explain the reason[s] for this belief.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I guess it's sort of like saying [something] is bad, when actually what someone should say is this: "In my opinion...[something] is bad." And then go on to explain the reason[s] for this belief.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:57 AM   #6
masuodi.230
masuodi.230 began at the beginning.

Device: moon+Reader pro
Helo,I would like recive sample english story.
Thanks
masuodi.230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by masuodi.230 View Post
Helo,I would like recive sample english story.
Thanks
Excellent. You can buy it right here:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Small-Fi...X?tag=mr060-20

And, with an Amazon account, you can download a sample.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote