Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 10:16 PM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Wifi connection failed without internet?

My ISP doesn't love me today, for unknown reason, but local wifi network is still on, and I use 3g on the phone. Calibre Companion doesn't see Calibre in this situation, but keep asking for wifi.

With 3g off, it works.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
3G is via the CELL service and you probably have your phone set to give that priority . Sounds expensive
When that is off, WiFi is used (if you have 'connected' automatically )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:27 PM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
3G is via the CELL service and you probably have your phone set to give that priority . Sounds expensive
When that is off, WiFi is used (if you have 'connected' automatically )
I have 5G per month for 12 months, about 15 dollars.

Anyway, it looks like this is how CC is designed and I know how to get the work done, so it is not a problem. But it would be better to have it working even with 3g on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:31 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Anyway, it looks like this is how CC is designed and I know how to get the work done, so it is not a problem. But it would be better to have it working even with 3g on.
This isn't actually under CC's control. All the 3g box does is tell CC to go ahead and try to connect even if WiFi is off. It doesn't say anything about which networks are enabled or which network to use. CC simply asks Android to connect to the supplied IP address. Android will select a network that has the most chance of connecting to that address. In your case, for some reason it is selecting the public network.

The "supplied IP address" can come from whatever you put in the connection setup, from mDNS (bonjour), and from CC's broadcast. The address in the box has priority and CC will try that first. If that is a public address then the attempt will go out over the cell network. If you checked the box "Try auto-connect even if IP address is given" then CC will try any address that comes back from mDNS or the broadcast.

I note that Android thinks your WiFi is broken. I don't know what it says to CC in that case. Send yourself a CC debug log. That will tell you what IP address CC ended up trying to use, and possibly why.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote