Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #1
Richard529
Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard529 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1, Aura HD
YouTube: The eBook Reader - Paperwhite 3 vs Kindle Voyage Comparison Review

Richard529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks. Confirms what other reviews have said: that the contrast on the Voyage is a little better. The PW3 still looks very good to me, though.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2015, 12:32 AM   #3
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
The problem with embedding fonts is that it takes a *lot* of space per book; doubling or tripling the size of the file.

As far as the added features in the Voyage, they're mostly useless to me. The side-buttons don't work in landscape, I never use the auto-brightness and while the flush screen is a bit nicer, it's mostly something you notice if you look for it.

All in all, the Voyage isn't that great and, personally, I still prefer my PW1 because it's jailbroken and has KoReader. To me, it makes for a much better reading experience. When my PW 1 gives up, I'll be looking to replace it with a Kobo which has most (but not all) of the KoReader features AND Kobo doesn't prevent installing KoReader as do the later Kindle versions.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #4
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Nice. This is how you do a comparison. The voyage has a better screen, that's pretty clear. Disappointing as I hoped the pw3 would be a voyage without the fancy features.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #5
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
The screens look identical to me.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #6
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
The screens look identical to me.
I agree...they look exactly the same to me (I see a PW3 in my future!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readirect View Post
The problem with embedding fonts is that it takes a *lot* of space per book; doubling or tripling the size of the file.

I strip and embed fonts in all of my books and I see minimal (very minimal) increase in file size... are you subsetting all fonts?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote