Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polynésia View Post
Hello,

thank you for the link.

I still do not see the utility that convert front kepub since you can not read the file type kobo who also extending kepub.epub in kobo?
If you're asking about converting from kEpubs to ePubs, then as long as the kepub does not have any DRM on it, it should be sufficient to rename the file to just have an ePubs extension, and not a kepub.epub or kepub extension.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #17
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Just don't rename any file in your calibre library folder, that will cause problems in calibre. Instead, copy the file elsewhere and rename that copy.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
Polynésia
Polynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo glo
I do not see in your 2 answers what is always convert to kepub before sending on the kobo or add .epub on the PC?
Polynésia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 AM   #19
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That depends. If you use the extended driver, all the conversions and file name changes will be handled for you. If not, you need to copy the file somewhere outside your library, rename it to .epub, add it to calibre, send it to the device, and either change the extension on the device to .kepub.epub or change the driver file name template to include '.kepub'.

Much simpler to just use the extended driver. If you don't want every book to be a KePub, you can just uncheck the option for extended features.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #20
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I've started enabling support for translations. I'm using Launchpad Translations to facilitate the process. If you're fluent in a non-English language, and you want to to help translate, go to https://translations.launchpad.net/calibre-kobo-driver and set up a Launchpad account if you don't already have one. Set the languages you want to translate at https://translations.launchpad.net/+editmylanguages and start translating Translations will affect this plugin and the extended driver plugin at the same time.

Virtual brownies to whoever properly translates the plugin into Klingon
Advert
Old 10-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Virtual brownies to whoever properly translates the plugin into Klingon
I've been wondering what the language code for Swedish Chef was
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #22
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

An update has just been posted, look for version 2.2.12 in the next few hours. This version brings translations, which you can contribute to from https://translations.launchpad.net/calibre-kobo-driver.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:10 AM   #23
indyglow
Connoisseur
indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.

Device: iPad Air, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I have just received my Kobo Aura HD and it updated itself to 2.10.0 and I am running Calibire 1.10. I installed the plugin but don't see any option for converting it to kepub? Am I doing anything wrong?
indyglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Select a book, press the conversion button and the select "KEPUB" as the output format (top right).
Old 11-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #25
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

If you only use this plugin, you can't send the KePub to your device using calibre. You'd need the KoboTouchExtended plugin for that, unless davidfor has made kepub an available format in the main driver.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #26
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

No I haven't. I looked at it a while ago, but got distracted. I'll have another look.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I've looked at it and it was easy, especially when I can steal code. It should be in the next calibre release unless I find something in my testing.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #28
Greenmantle
Greenmantle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Will this plugin work if I have an "original" Kobo ereader?
Software version 1.8.3 (r22907, Dec 30 2010)
I know it's old and I should update but, hey, it still works.
Cheers
Greenmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The output plugin is independent of the device. You can use it to convert a book to kepub and it is added as an extra format in the calibre library.

The problem will be that the driver for the original Kobo doesn't support sending kepubs to the device. I have just added this to the KoboTouch driver, but decided not to put in in the Kobo driver as I am not completely sure what the older device supports. To get the kepub to the device, use the "Save to disk" to put it there and rename it to have ".kepub.epub" as the extension. If it works OK, I can add kepub to the format the driver supports.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:24 AM   #30
Greenmantle
Greenmantle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi and thanks for your reply,
I tried what you suggested and whilst it did put the book on the device and I could then use the dictionary (which is a sign it recognised the kepub) the font was stuck on smallest and I had no control over it.
Cheers
Greenmantle is offline   Reply With Quote