Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 04-23-2019, 11:23 AM   #121
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I haven't read through the entire thread, but would like to make a request: that the Autobiographical Writings are given their own download. I want to avoid loading such a large file as the Complete Works onto my ereader. I already have A Writer's Diary, but others might like that to be included. I'm nosey about her life and can't find the diaries anywhere else at all, not even for a price.
Thanks for all the hard work.

EDIT: is it possible for me to somehow split the file myself, using Calibre? I've never used Calibre for this before, just for conversion: I'll be converting it to AZW3 for Kindle.

Last edited by BookCat; 04-23-2019 at 11:28 AM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #122
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
I don't really want to upload this in parts, but I'll send you a link with the Letters and Diaries.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #123
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
EDIT: is it possible for me to somehow split the file myself, using Calibre? I've never used Calibre for this before, just for conversion: I'll be converting it to AZW3 for Kindle.
Use the “EPubSplit” plugin for Calibre. It’s extremely easy to use.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:01 PM   #124
Instinctivelily
Instinctivelily began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Query on The London Scene publication by Hogarth Press

Thanks a million for Woolf's Collected Works!
I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure this query is appropriate.
The London Scene appears as following a 1931 edition by Hogarth Press, but I can't find any details or evidence in academic literature. Any hints?
Thanks again.
Instinctivelily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:06 AM   #125
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I noticed this is your first post, so:

Advert
Old 05-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #126
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Instinctivelily,

welcome to Mobileread and yes, your query is perfectly appropriate.

I don't know where you found the information that the texts follow a 1931 Hogarth Press edition, as the title page states that they’re based on the 1982 reprint of the first book edition, published by Frank Hallman in 1975.

The essays were originally printed in a magazine called Good Housekeeping between December 1931 and October 1932.

I do remember vaguely that I was unsure about the date of the first book publication once and I might have put a wrong year in one of my earlier editions: is it possible that you are not reading the current version 11.0?
Old 05-17-2019, 04:45 PM   #127
Instinctivelily
Instinctivelily began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Hi, BookCat! Thanks for the welcome =)

Hey, pynch, you're amazing. Thanks for the reply, confusion solved.
Indeed, I have the 9.0 version and this is the page I used for reference https://www.screencast.com/t/rQ6ndb45
When I wrote the query yesterday hadn't read (sorry!) your entry about the last update. You deserve a publishers award. I'm not sure they exist, though. But you do.
All for now.
Thanks again!
Instinctivelily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #128
BookCat
C L J

It's me again. I'm now interested in the Complete Works but Calibre is having problems converting this to azw3 and there doesn't seem to be a mobi version of it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Normally epub to azw3 goes well if not drm'd, and I know this doesn't have drm. The conversion just stalls.

Thanks.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #129
pynch
why in?

Hi BookCat,

I have no experience with conversions to azw, so I’m afraid I can’t help you.

Anyone?
Old 02-04-2020, 12:48 PM   #130
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I converted an older version to AZW. It took a while, since the file is so big, but it worked.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:44 PM   #131
BookCat
C L J

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I converted an older version to AZW. It took a while, since the file is so big, but it worked.
Can you remember which version it was?
Old 02-04-2020, 03:46 PM   #132
BookCat
C L J

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
Hi BookCat,

I have no experience with conversions to azw, so I’m afraid I can’t help you.

Anyone?
What about mobi, or any other format readable on a kindle? Thanks.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:35 AM   #133
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Hey Bookcat, sending you a pm.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:09 PM   #134
pynch
why in?

Proud to have finished my collection today, so I had to share this.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:08 AM   #135
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
A labor of love and patience.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote