Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 09:58 PM   #886
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Thanks. I'll start my reading there.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:02 PM   #887
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I wanted to see what Topaz looked like, but Amazon and/or the publisher apparently didn't provide a preview of this book. Is this sometimes a warning sign that a book might be in Topaz?
Often, yes. I have seen previews on the Topaz formats, though.

You can download a sample (if you have a real device registered to your account) - if it ends in .tpz (or AZW1, IIRC), then it is topaz.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:06 AM   #888
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Christian Fantasy Ebook, Flight to Eden, by Douglas Hirt--a $3.49 Whispersync Deal!

Title: Flight to Eden (Cradleland Chronicles Book 1).
Genre: Fiction (Christian Fantasy).
Author: Douglas Hirt.
Price: $3.49 ($0.00 ebook (marked down) + $3.49 Whispersync audio).
Regular Price of Audio, by Itself, at Audible: $14.95.
Ebook Rating/Number of Reviews: 4.8 stars/32 reviews (Amazon).
Audio Rating/Number of Ratings: 3.90/45 ratings.
Pages/Audio Length: 512/16 hours and 37 minutes.
Narrator: Michael Taylor.
Audible URL: http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/Fl...8401570&sr=1-1
Amazon URL (can get the whole Whispersync deal here): http://www.amazon.com/Flight-Eden-Cr...cles+Book+1%29
Comments:
Book Description (Amazon): From the fabulously creative mind of acclaimed author Douglas comes this spellbinding Christian fantasy. Civilization is advancing rapidly, the world population burgeoning. Satan has caused the fall of man and now wants complete control of earth. His chief problem is the annoying line of humans descended from Seth. They insist on honoring the Creator. Based on Genesis 6, this story will inspire readers as it transports them to an ancient time in the development of Christ's lineage!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-01-2015 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:08 AM   #889
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Often, yes. I have seen previews on the Topaz formats, though.

You can download a sample (if you have a real device registered to your account) - if it ends in .tpz (or AZW1, IIRC), then it is topaz.
I had learned to watch out for .tpz, and knew that AZW1 had something to do with an old Amazon format, but I was unfamiliar with IIRC.

Very helpful information, thanks again.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:38 AM   #890
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Several Unabridged Audiobooks Offered for FREE by Books In Motion.

Books In Motion, a company involved in "publishing, recording & marketing unabridged audiobooks" is offering several audiobooks, as downloads, for free.

Here are some of the audiobooks:
- Dark Edge (Prequel to the Coil Series). By D.I. Telbat.
- Pawn of Prophecy. By David Eddings.
- One Perfect Shot (Prequel to the Series). By Steven F. Havill.
- King of the Mountain. By David Thompson.
- Father & I Were Ranchers. By Ralph Moody.
I know nothing about any of these audiobooks, other than what I mentioned, so I hope that there are one or more "good ones" among the bunch.

Here's the link to the webpage where you can get the audiobooks. You may need to set up an account or request their newsletter or something to download these.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:37 AM   #891
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Books In Motion, a company involved in "publishing, recording & marketing unabridged audiobooks" is offering several audiobooks, as downloads, for free.

Here are some of the audiobooks:
- Dark Edge (Prequel to the Coil Series). By D.I. Telbat.
- Pawn of Prophecy. By David Eddings.
- One Perfect Shot (Prequel to the Series). By Steven F. Havill.
- King of the Mountain. By David Thompson.
- Father & I Were Ranchers. By Ralph Moody.
I know nothing about any of these audiobooks, other than what I mentioned, so I hope that there are one or more "good ones" among the bunch.

Here's the link to the webpage where you can get the audiobooks. You may need to set up an account or request their newsletter or something to download these.
Thanks for the great find - added to OP

btw, there's a 6th book available for free --> Left Behind -- T LaHaye & J Jenkins
Old 08-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #892
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
This month's ChristianAudio freebie:

The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert
by Rosaria Champagne Butterfield

Quote:
Earlier this year, I had the privilege of attending the Ligonier National Conference in Orlando, Florida. One of the speakers was Rosaria Champagne Butterfield, author of Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert. She proceeded to give one of the best gospel presentations I have heard. This was more than a change of lesbianism to heterosexuality, but a true Jesus-encountering and life-altering experience marked by total transformation. Her memoir The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert is outstanding and is the free audiobook of the month for August. -Todd Hoyt, eChristian
Old 08-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #893
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks for the great find - added to OP

btw, there's a 6th book available for free --> Left Behind -- T LaHaye & J Jenkins
There's actually a lot more than that is you count short stories. Look here. Most of these titles are short stories that ave been available for free for a while. I've listened to the two classics and they are good. Most of the stories (shorts) are Christmas giveaways. The site is mostly Christian audio like, well, ChristianAudio.

skinmaan
Old 08-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #894
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
There's actually a lot more than that is you count short stories. Look here. Most of these titles are short stories that ave been available for free for a while. I've listened to the two classics and they are good. Most of the stories (shorts) are Christmas giveaways. The site is mostly Christian audio like, well, ChristianAudio.

skinmaan
I can't easily find a way to buy just the free items. Checkout seems to require an actual payment.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:23 AM   #895
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I can't easily find a way to buy just the free items. Checkout seems to require an actual payment.
Yeah, that part is new. In the past you didn't have to create an account to get the freebies. I got some of them this morning and checked my CC statement; there was no chare and they don't store your CC info (I did two orders and had to enter the # both times).
Old 08-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #896
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nope, not a payment. Just a payment method. I maintain a low-balance debit card for this very purpose. I suppose a low-balance giftcard would work similarly.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #897
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Yeah, that part is new. In the past you didn't have to create an account to get the freebies. I got some of them this morning and checked my CC statement; there was no chare and they don't store your CC info (I did two orders and had to enter the # both times).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Nope, not a payment. Just a payment method. I maintain a low-balance debit card for this very purpose. I suppose a low-balance giftcard would work similarly.
Hmmm, thanks. I got an error message saying my card could not be processed for this type of transaction. I'll try a different type of card maybe.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #898
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

skinmaan
Thanks - I'll add the short stories to the OP
Old 08-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #899
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I'm not getting any of these books because of the registration process.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:01 PM   #900
Froide
Wizard

Quote:
Hmmm, thanks. I got an error message saying my card could not be processed for this type of transaction. I'll try a different type of card maybe.
Make sure you have at least $1-$5 on the card (if you're in the USA), or the monetary equivalent (if you're elsewhere), so the card will pass the validity test.

FYI: You can always withdraw funds from the card, to zero out its balance, or delete your payment information from the website after "buying" the free books.

Last edited by Froide; 08-01-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Closed Thread