Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 07-19-2019, 04:02 PM   #1
jago25_98
Zealot
jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: n35 p800 n30
Finding listen and read books (Immersion reading / Whispersync for Voice / Librivox)

How do I actually find books I can listen to and read along at the same time?

I'm looking for books in Spanish in particular.

I found that The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe is a completely different version on Librivox than the one on Project Gutenberg.

I can't see a way to search for these books on Kindle or Audible: only after having found a book.

How does one search for books that have a direct match?
jago25_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #2
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
You won't find any on Audible.com that are both WhisperSync and Spanish (I just looked), but you can search for WhisperSync books, or for Spanish books by using Advanced Search.

For WhisperSync -- Click Advanced Search (just under the main Search box on the upper right), scroll to the bottom, and select WhisperSync for Voice. Click Submit. With no other restrictions, that returns >190,000 results!

For Spanish language -- Click Advanced Search (just under the main Search box on the upper right), scroll down to Language, click Show All, and click Submit. Just under 7,000 results.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #3
jago25_98
Zealot
jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jago25_98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: n35 p800 n30
Thanks!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cuIRTZ8_d.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	172484

I don't seem to have the option for advanced search in the Kindle android app. ( http://i.imgur.com/cuIRTZ8.jpg )

Which app are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
You won't find any on Audible.com that are both WhisperSync and Spanish (I just looked), but you can search for WhisperSync books, or for Spanish books by using Advanced Search.

For WhisperSync -- Click Advanced Search (just under the main Search box on the upper right), scroll to the bottom, and select WhisperSync for Voice. Click Submit. With no other restrictions, that returns >190,000 results!

For Spanish language -- Click Advanced Search (just under the main Search box on the upper right), scroll down to Language, click Show All, and click Submit. Just under 7,000 results.

Last edited by issybird; 07-20-2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Oversize image thumbnailed.
jago25_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:32 AM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Web page, not a dedicated app. They often limit options. (And avoid mobile versions of the site, they can have the same problem.)

Charlie.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote