Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
historybuff3737
historybuff3737 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Library Listing?

Hi,

Unfortunately my hard drive became corrupted and I had to re-install Windows. I was able to recover the files (but for some reason they were created in triplicates) and I backed up my Calibre books last year (Dec. 31). Is there a file/document that Calibre creates that contains the information about the library (I am looking for title and date added). I'd like to restore my library from backup and then add the books that I got since the last back up (from the recovered files). Otherwise, I think I'd have no comprehensive way of knowing of what books were added since the last back up and would have to go through hundreds of e-books in triplicate.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Andrew
historybuff3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You might try the CLI tool calibredb --list
Adjust the switches to only include date and other needed fields.

I suggest CSV output into your fav spreadsheet, there you can sort
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2017, 04:30 AM   #3
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
An additional way: Connect to folder where your folder is your backup library
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote