Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #16
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
If Kobo had a wireless transfer like the Kindle email option, I would have considered staying with Kobo.
That is my opinion as well.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #17
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I dunno, to me, this seems like a lot of work. If I'm going to buy my books from Amazon, why not just buy a Kindle of some sort? Conversely, if you're going to buy a Kobo, why not use their eBook infrastructure as well (at least primarily)?[...]
I'm glad people take the time to make anti DRM software, and those who want to crack their eBooks should have the right to do so. I just don't see the added value behind it.
Tell that to all the people who have lost access to their books thanks to businesses that promised them forever-access then closed their doors, sometimes abruptly.

It doesn't matter what reader I have or where I buy from: every ebook is going through disinfection and Calibre management.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2018, 09:18 AM   #18
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Tell that to all the people who have lost access to their books thanks to businesses that promised them forever-access then closed their doors, sometimes abruptly.

It doesn't matter what reader I have or where I buy from: every ebook is going through disinfection and Calibre management.
This. Same here. I have owned Bookeen, BeBook, Kindle en various Kobo readers, and any book I buy gets DRM-stripped on import into Calibre.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #19
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post

That's OK by me. But I'm not likely to do that.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:31 PM   #20
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
This. Same here. I have owned Bookeen, BeBook, Kindle en various Kobo readers, and any book I buy gets DRM-stripped on import into Calibre.
Is Calibre then able to remove the DRM from Kindle books? I see the point of a supplier closing and the books being lost, something I think to consider in these days of suddenly-disappearing brands/companies.

John B.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2018, 12:16 AM   #21
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebub View Post
Is Calibre then able to remove the DRM from Kindle books? I see the point of a supplier closing and the books being lost, something I think to consider in these days of suddenly-disappearing brands/companies.

John B.
By itself, nope. However, there are plugins available to accomplish the task.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote