Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
K.W. Jeter's *Farewell Horizontal*: Free on Amazon through 9/2/12

Even if you've never read K.W. Jeter before, take this opportunity to download a free copy of this seminal and long-out-of print novel by the man who defined cyberpunk, influenced Philip K. Dick and literally invented the word steampunk. Offer good through Sunday, September 2.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053PVFEM/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 08-31-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
It's a terrific book.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
Thank you!
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I third this. I've got this in paperback and liked it a lot.

I don't really know why I feel the need to have the ebook, too. (Also free in the UK, by the way.)
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #6
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
Thanks, read it years ago and thought it was really good, so glad to re-read it.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I third this. I've got this in paperback and liked it a lot.

I don't really know why I feel the need to have the ebook, too. (Also free in the UK, by the way.)
Glad to hear it's free in the UK as well, good Doctor.

One reason we might feel the need to own a book in both physical and digital media is because e-books are relatively new and physical books create clutter. I personally am testing whether I can depend on books bought or created in relatively early digital formats to survive over time. If I can, then I might be able to reduce the load of books I carry as Literature's albatross.

Another reason is convenience. You're more likely to pick up a book to reread if it's as close by as your primary reader. And you don't always want to reread -- sometimes you want to find a quote or refer to some other aspect (when you wish to determine which writer had a given idea first, and the question is not only one of precedent but also the exact wording).

I own a lot of books in both media at the moment.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 09-01-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I like the original US cover art better:
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

My original copy's cover was blue and orange and featured the same artwork, but it wasn't an ebook and it certainly wasn't free.

Here it is:

A few months back, Jeter said he was considering publishing Dr. Adder in ebook form. If he does, that will be an event, since (i) the book didn't see print for a decade because of the controversial subject and is still hard to find, and (ii) it's the book which P.K. Dick cites as an influence on Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and which many say is the first c-punk novel -- it predates those of Gibson, Shirley and Sterling (sounds a bit like a law firm, no?).

It's also quite fun.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 09-01-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #10
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I like the original US cover art better:
Oh yah. I changed the cover to that on my copy just now.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
My paperback has the same art, but with a different text layout. (I thought I'd never be able to find it, but bizarrely it was not only on the front row but on a shelf that was visible without moving furniture. Weird.)
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote