Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: Do You Think There Should Be a Kindle Fire Sub-Forum?
Yes 9 45.00%
No 8 40.00%
Not Sure 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Sub-Forum for Kindle Fire?

Do you think there should be a sub-forum created for the Kindle Fire? I do, as it is not really comparable to all of the other Kindles.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I answered "not sure" as I do not know what they've done with other tablets here.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd say it would go under alternative devices right now as it's not really an e-reader (at least to me it's not.) It's a device that can do e-reading, but it's not primarily that.

The evil part of me says we should create a Tablet forum and let the iPad, Fire, Zoom and whateverelsepeopleuse and watch the fireworks.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's an Android device. We already have a forum for those.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:21 AM   #5
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
It's a Kindle, so should be in the Kindle forum, sub forum makes sense because a LOT of people are going to get one... On the other hand, I'd be really annoyed if people started talking about "let's watch some X-Men" suddenly...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
LP-Blog
LP-Blog began at the beginning.

Device: iPad2
Hi all, first post.

Personally I think the Kindle deserves its own category. Harry, following that logic would OSX deserve to be its own OS or should it be refereed to as Unix?

Looking forward to the new kindle range, haven't bought hardware from Amazon before but am more than tempted at a $200 price point.
LP-Blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:38 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think, personally, that the discussions about the Kindle Fire are going to be those that would be raised with any Android tablet (apps, etc), rather than being about reading, as those in the Kindle forum tend to be. But we'll see - we'll do something appropriate when the time comes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
The Amazon O.S. is based on Android but it is fairly different in look and feel. I voted yes.

Ciao!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote